Newcastle United 3 - 0 Cardiff City - 03/05/14 - post-match from page 53

Mike

Well, it really does make a difference if people buy food at the ground.

Ashley isn´t giving them the catering for free, and no catering firm wants to renew the deal if they cannot make money selling food.

I think people are arguing that it's not the "be all, end all" that some of these utter mugs on Twitter are implying.

Most opposition I've seen to the walkout yesterday has revolved around "still buying food at HT" in addition to "paying for your ticket", which is laughable.

Guest micky_123

BmuTKp8IAAAkgVK.jpg:large

I am utterly disgusted by this. I have emailed the club demanding an explanation and that they take action. I really think it needs to get more attention, this man should not get away with that kind of behaviour.

I am utterly disgusted by this. I have emailed the club demanding an explanation and that they take action. I really think it needs to get more attention, this man should not get away with that kind of behaviour.

Just been to police station and this was one of the things I brought up. They said they can only act if the person in a headlock puts in a complaint.

:rant:

That must be assault surely? No way that can be considered 'reasonable force' or whatever these jumped up thug bouncers are 'allowed' to do.

The fact that they were ejecting people for having banners or flags protesting must also be on very thin ice legally?

I will imagine they (as in this vicous, vile regime that pervades our club like asteaming turd), will play the 'health and saftey' card but weren't they asking for suggestions for a 'Wonga' banner recently??

Ways around it would be T shirts I guess? If people feel they still have to go, which obvoiusly I think is the wrong idea, then images and slogans (not offensive) on T shirts en masse may be the way to go?

We must have some lawyers amongst us?

It is illegal at how they have ejected people for simply displaying banners, however it is a civil matter and something that depends upon the victims taking legal action.

The aggressiveness of how they were evicted is the same, technically it's not assault but it is beyond reasonable force and again it is up to the victims to take legal action.

The security officer in that photo should be sacked under the grounds of gross misconduct.

Guest micky_123

It is illegal at how they have ejected people for simply displaying banners, however it is a civil matter and something that depends upon the victims taking legal action.

The aggressiveness of how they were evicted is the same, technically it's not assault but it is beyond reasonable force and again it is up to the victims to take legal action.

The security officer in that photo should be sacked under the grounds of gross misconduct.

He should be sacked and charged with assault. I really hope the man comes forward. I've emailed someone at the chronicle asking them to draw attention to it.

Just been to police station and this was one of the things I brought up. They said they can only act if the person in a headlock puts in a complaint.

Seriously? :lol:

Reading the comments on Facebook regarding the protest we really do have some numpty fans. I left on 60 mins and there was a woman screaming at people saying "where are you going man? We're winning you idots", "Support the team, you've already paid man" etc etc.

Sadly the typical Newcastle fan never sees the bigger picture and believes everything the manager/club/ media tells them and swears by it. They fail to see what goes on tactically on the pitch on how this then makes a mockery of the managers comments. They believe you should support the team no matter what and fail to see that sometimes in extreme situations defeat is the better option for the good of the club long term if it helps force through positive change. They would rather ridicule protesters taking action and sit there eating the shit they are served up week after week all the while happy clapping away blind at what is really going on, unable to compare that reality to what the club really could and should be.

I have no doubts that if our fan base as a whole was representative of the protesters and the majority of posters on this message board then we'd be a damn sight closer to having the club we all want than we are right now and what a fucking depressing shame that is.

Guest firetotheworks

I have to be honest. As hard as it may seem to believe, fans like that make me feel more sick than Pardew does. It's just horrible.

For the first time ever in my life as a Newcastle United supporter, I didn't celebrate any of our goals yesterday and I couldn't help but feel disappointed that we won. Fuck everything.

For the first time ever in my life as a Newcastle United supporter, I didn't celebrate any of our goals yesterday and I couldn't help but feel disappointed that we won. f*** everything.

Yep, me exactly.

The season we finished 5th with robson everyone fucked off to their displeasure with the club.  The season after with souness, finishing 13th I think.  Everyone stayed. 

I never understood it.  I dont get why people dont walk now.