More than a Forum?

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

It's not more than a forum though. It's a forum and that's something to be proud of. I love that it's about sharing ideas and opinions and that we don't go along the lines of thinking we're something that we don't need to be. We should embrace what it already is and be proud of it. If anything, this week should be a reason to carry on the way that it is than start changing things and patting ourselves on the back.

You don't change your formation after a win ffs. In the context of our Pardew Out campaign it would be so ironic that I would actually puke. :lol:

Honestly I was firmly on the Collins John boat like. I don't know what happened there. He should've been the next Didier Drogba.

Or, maybe the first Didier Drogba? It was a while ago..

Honestly I was firmly on the Collins John boat like. I don't know what happened there. He should've been the next Didier Drogba.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/Riverhounds.png

I really don't like the idea of there being articles like. I get the reasons for having it, but this was always a forum when there were articles as well and I don't like the idea of being represented by a set of people writing articles. That might sound daft, that's just how I see it. The achievement of getting a joint cause in the paper and in the stands is exactly what it should all be about; the voice of the collective. I've got no interest in having one person's opinions elevated as an article when you have thousands of people on here, all with opinions.

If you have a range of people writing the articles, I don't see the problem. It's just a different format for the same stuff. Some people just don't do forums, and I understand why.

This is a major factor IMO, you get the same sites popping out the same trash, the odd blog offers decent opinion but most fan written sites are mind numbing on Newsnow, I'm sick of reading on-the-fence what Pardew needs for next season articles and we should buy such and such a player clap-trap. I think the diversity of opinions and ideas on here could make for some good articles. Collaborative opinion rather than one man in his bedroom.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/Riverhounds.png

Yeah I saw that. Went straight to their site to see how expensive a Collins John shirt was..

Guest firetotheworks

Even the best posters on here come out with some utter nonsense, myself included. I'm much more about the collective cause and I think the way that everything was done in the protest forum this week was perfect. Decisions voted, everything debated. You can't do that with articles and you end up with NUFCBlog basically.

I didn't read many of the articles tbh.

Same here. I don't really get why we need to branch out into something that other places already cater for perfectly adequately, like The Mag.

Many websites suffer by trying to be too much at the same time IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

I really don't like the idea of there being articles like. I get the reasons for having it, but this was always a forum when there were articles as well and I don't like the idea of being represented by a set of people writing articles. That might sound daft, that's just how I see it. The achievement of getting a joint cause in the paper and in the stands is exactly what it should all be about; the voice of the collective. I've got no interest in having one person's opinions elevated as an article when you have thousands of people on here, all with opinions.

It wouldn't be one person having an opinion, you could be the one person in one article but it could be everybody and anybody contributing and it would have no negative effect on here.

Your opinion in your posts are worth sharing and you come across well so you could make a difference to how other people form an opinion on the club and how it's run.

I've wrote articles and reviews and things before on football, computer games and music and I felt like a complete egotistical arsehole for putting myself in a position where my opinion was elevated above anyone else's. I wouldn't want to do it again.

The Pardew stuff is different because it's pretty unanimous.

Better left as a forum IMO. I've always liked the idea of the website being impartial; as soon as you start writing articles, those articles are associated as being the opinion of the site as a whole as opposed to that of the author. A front page that acted as a portal for the forum is more inline with the N-O ethos, I think, but I dunno how much work that would be to set up and maintain - a fair bit, I'd imagine.

Easy enough for someone to set up a wordpress blog or something and receive articles through PM on here to help facilitate it if they wanted to go ahead with the idea wouldn't it? Could just have a sticky at the top of the forum that is updated by owner of said site each time a new article goes live.

There's been some great work done this week by members here, I've been proud to watch it though I haven't been a part of it. I think it's been a close community for a while with people meeting for drinks and a game of football, but this has been one step further in terms of people coming together for the good of the club.

If it works or not, well done lads.

Think this forum has an intellectual capacity and an amount of knowledge to go with excellent literary ability. A set of features you won't find in any other NUFC context.

Discussions, insights, reasonings and conclusions on here are not to be found anywhere else because of the diversity of the posters and their (our) intense, sometimes worryingly deep, affection for Newcastle.

I feel that most of what is said on here goes missing for the wider audience, I mean, this forum has been forecasting and advocating the Pardew apocalypse for the best part of two years. If you look at the arguments and evidence leading us to those conclusions, many would struggle to think otherwise for so long. I think True Faith has been having a very good year in deepening and really engaging with certain subjects. But this board still has something else to it.

I don't know if articles or a monthly fanzine would be the right thing, people are fucking overstacked on long texts about their club. There are so many blogs and columns and whatnot. And don't even start me on podcasts. However, rounding up some of the subjects every month and compile some sort of magazine/report or whatever it would be, could appeal to people.

Guest firetotheworks

Too much back patting going on here imo like. It's been a success, we just need to carry on and concentrate on the prize.

Too much back patting going on here imo like. It's been a success, we just need to carry on and concentrate on the prize.

Howay man just need to think about who's gonna play everyone in the inevitable film. :lol: