Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

We really need to buy a top-quality #10 if we're sticking with 4-2-3-1. Guess we can't do it until the summer because we need proven top division class.

no chance we get prem quality in Jan if we are 10 points clear and looking certs?

I think Rafa has indicated he won't be signing players in January. That might change if we get a good deal, but he seems more than happy enough to wait until the summer and it makes sense tbh. We could win this league with two totally different starting line ups.

:thup:

looked at our bench yesterday and thought, all them 7 would get in any other clubs first 11 in this division. :lol:

Very talented footballer but I'm not sure he actually has a position or role in a team that he's suited to.

Certainly isn't making any sort of case for himself as the #10 in Rafa's system, he's been mostly very poor there this year.

Will be interesting to see what Rafa does with him.

Perez playing as a 10 isn't working, at times we play deep in a 4-5-1 and he can't play as that extra third man in midfield

He looks lost and unaware of his position, either play him as a 9 or not at all imo

You can't do that either given he's even worse in that position and we've got much better players for it.

I didn't think he was that bad last week. At least not compared to his performance against Cardiff where time and time again he was unequivocally outpaced by Championship cloggers who looked about as athletic as Craig Moore's last stand.

I do think if he's ever going to be a regular in the side it'll be on the left. He's not a lone striker and he's no #10 from what we've seen so far.

The position Gouff plays though... I can see him there. It's not exactly a 'winger' role tbf. He's not lazy and has a decent eye for goal so with some time to learn the role I reckon it's his best bet.

Maybe he'll come good in the #10 role with time to learn the position but I just can't see it. Doesn't have the passing range for it.

A winger has to be unpredictable for me and Gouffran's pretty much the most predictable attacking player in our squad. He's about as much of a goal threat as Perez and will retain the ball a bit better but we've got to get a better option for that position in January, man. Both to consolidate our position in this league and with a view to next season hopefully in the PL.