Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

When we first signed him he looked very classy, his first touch, the way he'd turn away with the ball, he was often our best players in his early days here.  He's still young and has a long contract, no reason what so ever to need to sell.

Aye, we only spent £2m so we may as well keep hold of him and see if we can get some value out of him from his performances. If we went up and he started playing well in the PL, that'd be great. If not, then in todays market we'd still easily fetch £5m for him.

I'm as dumbfounded as everyone else about what's happened to him, but it hasn't been overnight. He's had more poor performances than good for ages now. It probably reads like I have an agenda against him because I talk about it a canny bit, but it's mainly because I just don't get it. He obviously has the talent and it's not like he's not putting the effort in. I've been hoping that it'll click for ages, but it just hasn't happened.

Aye, it's been a long time really. I think to his game at West Brom a few seasons back he looked a real talent. Scored with a lovely flick I think.

But he's been awful for a long time now. He was one of our best players for those few months under Pardew and was pretty decent (compared to the others) under Carver if memory serves. But since then? Fairly consistently poor week in week out. Zero uptick under Rafa in the Prem. Some uptick in terms of goalscored in the Champo but overall.. still poor.

I've gained some hope for Mitro in this division.... lost most of it for Perez.

Aye, we only spent £2m so we may as well keep hold of him and see if we can get some value out of him from his performances. If we went up and he started playing well in the PL, that'd be great. If not, then in todays market we'd still easily fetch £5m for him.

start dropping stories about how he wants to play for a CL team week in week out, flog to spurs for £25m

mind, not sure levy will ever buy from us again :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

His 'touch and control' isn't the issue. It's basically everything else. I do like Perez but if he had any real future in English football he'd be taking the p*ss out of this league, not struggling to impact games against the worst sides in the division.

This pretty much. I don't know what's happened to him, but its not happening for him yet it should especially at this level. He should walk this league easily.

He's never been rapid but when he first arrived he managed to find a way of getting past defenders but he rarely gets past them these days due to his lack of pace/footwork.

His initial purple patch is looking more and more like an anomaly in his time here

Guest palnese

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/25/2442644800000578-2886851-image-a-9_1419500655868.jpg

And people are surprised he's struggling in the Championship? I mean, look at the pants ffs.

Considering the amount of possession we had, he was invisible. Starting to think he's not likely to fulfil his potential at this stage.

The possession was all in our half though. I've criticised Perez plenty this season but don't see how he was at fault today. The ball never reached him.

Guest neesy111

Considering the amount of possession we had, he was invisible. Starting to think he's not likely to fulfil his potential at this stage.

The possession was all in our half though. I've criticised Perez plenty this season but don't see how he was at fault today. The ball never reached him.

We were far better without shelvey tbh.

I got this piss took out of me when i suggested playing Mitro in the number ten role, can anyone honestly say hed be worse than Perez?

I know it sounds odd but just compare what the two could offer....Mitro is actually canny good at little interchange passing, much stronger, much better at linking play, better in the air...just offers more all round the Perez i just dont know how disciplined he could be in the hole.

But before you laugh and take the piss could he be any worse than the waste of a pair of knickers that Perez is?