Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Worrying lack of effort today. Gallowgate end turned on him  in the 2nd half when he just gave up on a ball he could have kept in play.

In the Milburn Corner?  That was shocking that, he had loads of time to get it and just gave up.

Aye that's the one. It was probably the loudest noise of the afternoon, loads of people up off their seats screaming at him.

Perez will be alright, players need confidence man. He scored 2 in the cup, set up an assist as a sub a couple games later & then was a big part in our best result this season. Our win with him upfront w Brighton also brought some very nice football. Then he had a shocking game on the wing, just needs to learn from it. He was doing well beforehand.

Wasn't it Carver who tried to use him as a targetman? :lol:

He also tried to do the same with Armstrong in the 2-2 game at home to Burnley.

We were heading for a win in that game - then he brings Armstrong on and lumps long balls up to him, we lose the ball and they go down the other end and score. Class.

3-3

Perez will be alright, players need confidence man. He scored 2 in the cup, set up an assist as a sub a couple games later & then was a big part in our best result this season. Our win with him upfront w Brighton also brought some very nice football. Then he had a shocking game on the wing, just needs to learn from it. He was doing well beforehand.

He's only done well in patches, he's a good player potentially and will no doubt play his part, but it should be done from the bench for now.

Still a lot of time to improve, but its not promising that we've dropped down a division and he doesn't look like hes improved at all.

A few times this season I've seen him bottle out when challenged and just plainly not chasing the ball down or showing for the ball.

Probably the biggest disappointment (so far) along with Diame.

• 4 weeks later...

How the fuck is this guy getting a game? We carried him for the vast majority of the game again today.

I can forgive a player for being out of form, but I can't forgive a player who's not working as hard as he can for the team. Gayle must have ran twice as far as Pérez today, always willing to close their back 4 and goalkeeper, and he was even dropping into midfield leaving the lazy twat up front.

Rafa's quoted as saying Pérez worked effectively between the lines, but that's not what I saw, or the majority of the crowd who were beginning to let him know about it during the last half hour.

How the f*** is this guy getting a game? We carried him for the vast majority of the game again today.

I can forgive a player for being out of form, but I can't forgive a player who's not working as hard as he can for the team. Gayle must have ran twice as far as Pérez today, always willing to close their back 4 and goalkeeper, and he was even dropping into midfield leaving the lazy t*** up front.

Rafa's quoted as saying Pérez worked effectively between the lines, but that's not what I saw, or the majority of the crowd who were beginning to let him know about it during the last half hour.

I think Rafa knows more than you mate.

Guest palnese

Not a striker, not a #10 and certainly not a winger. Sell him and get a more effective player in.

Reckon him and Mitro will be offloaded.

How the f*** is this guy getting a game? We carried him for the vast majority of the game again today.

I can forgive a player for being out of form, but I can't forgive a player who's not working as hard as he can for the team. Gayle must have ran twice as far as Pérez today, always willing to close their back 4 and goalkeeper, and he was even dropping into midfield leaving the lazy t*** up front.

Yes, mate, without doubt.

Thanks for your input.

Guest firetotheworks

He also plays Colback and better managers have done the same with similarly poor players. The manager being a pro doesn't mean he's immune from all criticism, we're just fortunate that we have a manager where the only real criticism seems to be player selection. Perez has been awful for ages and doesn't seem to have improved at all, it's a totally fair criticism when there are players on the bench who have performed better or maybe haven't been given a chance. I have to admit that as much as I like Perez's natural ability, my patience with him has disappeared now, he needs to start performing at the level we know he's capable of, even just half of the time, otherwise his place in the team unjustified imo.

I think Rafa demands a lot of defensive effort from his AM which has a detrimental impact on Ayoze's attacking play.

Same goes for Diame. Both are doing a lot in defence.

Guest firetotheworks

I think Diame's maybe been getting more stick than he deserves, once his finishing clicks he'll be brilliant for us at this level.