Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

It tended to be Perez when we didn't have the ball but quite often they interchanged which one dropped deep. E.g. the early counter when Perez won the ball in the centre circle and then sent Atsu into the box for a decent chance. Atsu and Murphy also swapped over a few times and Murphy ended up further forward. It was a real fluid set up and Stoke couldn't cope. Credit to Rafa.

Perez is so much better when he plays as a striker.

Think he's our best finisher inside the box.

Agreed. He also has better movement & tenacity than Gayle which is essential for a smaller player playing upfront by himself in a physically imposing league. Gayle is so static a lot of the time and it's frustrates the hell out of me, whereas Perez never stops chasing.

Credit to him for the goal against Stoke, but he could have easily missed that chance due to the casual nature he took it.

What a load of shite. He had a sprint and only just got to it on the stretch, stabbing it low and hard first time. Not sure what else he could have done?

The only thing he could have done to make it a better finish was if he directed back across the 'keeper a bit into the corner but first time, hard and low is a good way to finish. Very hard for a 'keeper to save.

It's also went through the keeper's legs! :lol: Could easily have f***ed it up.

Keeper much less likely to save it there than just to his side.

It was a good finish, first time, hard a low is a good way to finish that sort of chance.

It could easily have hit the keeper's legs. (By accident rather than a save too, therefore to say that this makes it less likely for the keeper to save it is a load of bullshit.)

And this attitude that he scored, and therefore no room for improvement on the technique and composure, is a load of narrow minded shit.

He stuck his leg out, nothing more.

Utter bollocks.

If you say so.

At least I'm able to see things in a bigger picture rather than blindly accept notions just because a desired outcome was achieved.

Idiot.

Utter bollocks.

If you say so.

At least I'm able to see things in a bigger picture rather than blindly accept notions just because a desired outcome was achieved.

Idiot.

What the f*** are you on about man? Nobody has said it was the perfect finish.

Having a go at home for something like this is just fucking daft man. Go give your head a shale.

Utter bollocks.

If you say so.

Idiot.

What the fuck are you on about man?

You're too simple for it - go away.

Did it go through the keeper's legs? Thought it just deflected off the outside of Butland's left leg

I think you are correct. It was a decent finish, like I said, first time hard and low before the 'keeper is set.

Did it go through the keeper's legs? Thought it just deflected off the outside of Butland's left leg

I watched it on a crap stream. It did look like it.

I'm pretty sure it also hit the keeper's leg on the way, which could have also easily rebounded somewhere else.

Utter bollocks.

If you say so.

Idiot.

What the f*** are you on about man?

Jesus. :lol:

Utter bollocks.

If you say so.

Idiot.

What the f*** are you on about man?

Errrrmm......

:spit:

I watched it on a crap stream. It did look like it.

I'm pretty sure it also hit the keeper's leg on the way, which could have also easily rebounded somewhere else.

You are having a go at Perez for his finish when you've only seen it once on a crap stream?

:spit: