Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Did it go through the keeper's legs? Thought it just deflected off the outside of Butland's left leg

I watched it on a crap stream. It did look like it.

I'm pretty sure it also hit the keeper's leg on the way, which could have also easily rebounded somewhere else.

You are having a go at Perez for his finish when you've only seen it once on a crap stream?

:spit:

I've sent it enough times.

What's going on in here? :lol:

People for some reason are bitching and moaning about the way we scored a key goal against a fellow relegation rival that won us the game. :lol:

That's one huge reason why I'm highlighting it in particular, idiot. Glad he didn't fuck it up! I certainly wouldn't back him too many times to score if he used the same technique and casual composure.

What's going on in here? :lol:

People for some reason are bitching and moaning about the way we scored a key goal against a fellow relegation rival that won us the game. :lol:

That's one huge reason why I'm highlighting it in particular, idiot. Glad he didn't f*** it up! I certainly wouldn't back him too many times to score if he used the same technique and casual composure.

What technique would you have suggested? He's far more likely to miss if he takes a touch and tries something else.

It takes some balls to hit it first time with the outside of your foot, could just as easily have missed that chance if he'd waited to strike it with his left. Striker's need that sort of confidence, I wouldn't write it off as being casual.

Goodness me. To paint Perez's finish as some sort of a Riviere / De Jong effort is absurd as we've all seen him finish plenty of times, with class, grace and style, for us over the years. Even in the Prem (remember his backheel? Or the wondergoal vs Chelsea?)

The finish showed incredible confidence, just what we need from a striker. We've seen over and over that a striker who overthinks his finishes often misses.