Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guest firetotheworks

You can play poorly and still score twice. I see that point. Depends on the run of the game though. Perez should have always been played on be shoulder of the last man for me.

It's definitely possible, it's just not really a point you'd make vociferously though is it? Unless you have an agenda or you're being needlessly pessimistic, it's a very Ando thing to do.

Ando f***ing hates Perez like. I get it, because he massively pisses me off, but criticising him when he's just scored 3 in 2 is typical Ando agenda-driven horseshit.

Doesn't he hate everything? it comes across like that :lol:

Pretty amazing that he’s the guy they’ve chosen to do analysis on Newcastle like, he’s the most negative man on the planet.

Ando f***ing hates Perez like. I get it, because he massively pisses me off, but criticising him when he's just scored 3 in 2 is typical Ando agenda-driven horseshit.

Doesn't he hate everything? it comes across like that :lol:

Pretty amazing that he’s the guy they’ve chosen to do analysis on Newcastle like, he’s the most negative man on the planet.

Annoying as fuck

You can play poorly and still score twice. I see that point. Depends on the run of the game though. Perez should have always been played on be shoulder of the last man for me.

It's definitely possible, it's just not really a point you'd make vociferously though is it? Unless you have an agenda or you're being needlessly pessimistic, it's a very Ando thing to do.

Aye. I get that like. For me it's probably a little bit of age and cynicism. The lads not been played week in and week out and has played different roles. Surely it's worth noting that he is getting into the right place at the right times and taking chances, it's more than our other strikers at present. It frustrates me (and it's probably even worse on here) but some people decide they don't like someone and then everything they do is deemed not good enough regardless of how good it might have been. Like people are afraid to say they might have been wrong. Should take instances for what they are and be fair. Then use the outcome of numerous instances to determine a players quality...

Guest firetotheworks

Aye. I get that like. For me it's probably a little bit of age and cynicism. The lads not been played week in and week out and has played different roles. Surely it's worth noting that he is getting into the right place at the right times and taking chances, it's more than our other strikers at present. It frustrates me (and it's probably even worse on here) but some people decide they don't like someone and then everything they do is deemed not good enough regardless of how good it might have been. Like people are afraid to say they might have been wrong. Should take instances for what they are and be fair. Then use the outcome of numerous instances to determine a players quality...

Couldn't agree more.

For me he is an intelligent and talented footballer that lacks physicality and that right there lies the reason for constant frustration.

Gayle might put himself in the places Perez doesn't  but I feel Perez is more of a natural. Joselu just doesn't get in those positions or places. Joselu and Perez could maybe work though?

Is he an intelligent footballer?

Aye. I think so. He reads the game well and makes clever runs. He also sees things that other players don't at times. He's not like Solano levels of intelligent but amongst our current crop and our crop that got relegated a couple of seasons ago he is definitely one of the more intelligent ones.

I also think he knows how to draw a challenge and whilst bordering on simulation it's better than diving as in Gayles recent case(s?) .

Whereas, people like Shelvey aren't intelligent, they just have vision and technical ability. Richie has physicality and technical ability, etc. I think Merino is the only one looking like he might be the one with all 3 attributes. Not sure why I've compared them like. [emoji38]

Gayle is more raw for me, physical, has decent enough ability but just a lack of thought and poor decision making at times. Probably still our best striker though all being said. Joselu isn't a striker he's a target man. I'm not even counting Mitro tbh. Not cause he's any worse than Joselu but because he is seemingly away.