Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Wright highlighting he shot with his right when he could've used his left. The goal he scored at Stoke was exactly the same, but came off.

Can't remember owt of note but is he really that bad on his left foot?

He had more time today, at Stoke he hit it hard and low, was a poor finish today. Doesn't use his left much.

Wright highlighting he shot with his right when he could've used his left. The goal he scored at Stoke was exactly the same, but came off.

Can't remember owt of note but is he really that bad on his left foot?

He had more time today, at Stoke he hit it hard and low, was a poor finish today. Doesn't use his left much.

If he hit that low and hard with his left, it probably would've gone in.

Thing is, he never seems to get that much power on his shots with either foot.

Guest Howaythetoon

Makes a big difference for us. Why? I'm not sure.

Intelligent footballer! Technically decent but lacks physicality. Luke the kid and he is good for us but not the answer long term.

His performance yesterday was nothing like that of earlier in the season.

He was picking up the ball and driving forward, it made such a difference. I wish he'd get the ball out of his feet and shoot a little more.

His two main chances today that he fluffed, I think it would be fair to say were casual finishes.

One did lead to our goal mind!

His one-on-one chance in the first half was certainly casual and, as I mentioned for the Stoke goal, on another day could have easily missed it.

On this occasion, he did. Poor effort. He basically only stabbed it forward without any particular aim at the goal (as for the Stoke goal). He should be deciding where it should be placed, not just hitting it towards goal and hoping/expecting it to go in! Too casual - whether it's physically or mentally, too casual and unconvincing by him.

But he's been playing well recently and that's encouraging, so credit where it's due.

However, those fuckers who jumped on my back just because I saw it differently and 'dared' to disagree with them, can fuck off and lick each others' arsehole.

• 2 weeks later...

So our two strikers who (were playing for us at the time) took us (we went) down two seasons ago turn out to be the best ones we've got. Who'd have thought it?

More clarity?

I thought it was clear enough. :lol:

So our two strikers who (were playing for us at the time) took us (we went) down two seasons ago turn out to be the best ones we've got. Who'd have thought it?

More clarity?

I thought it was clear enough. :lol:

I might have missed the context. :lol:

I don't think it was the fault of Perez or Mitrovic like. They did well for a pair of younger strikers in and out of the team alot.

They haven't really progressed with experience, although Mitro hasn't really had much of a chance. Point is, they still aren't good enough to guarantee survival.

Yep. Some scraps coming your way Ayoze! For a change. I wonder how many of his goals he has had to make himself? Versus many were knockdowns or laid back to him? If he is a second striker (odd that I still feel the need to use an ‘if’) surely a fair proportion of his goals should be from balls which just fall to him to hit.