The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Put a -1 trixie on for Norwich (lose) and Charlton (win) and Watford (win).

£10 stake (£40 trixie) still returned £216.00.

Norwich had a perfectly good goal disallowed after 20 or so minutes. If they'd gone on from there and stuck another in, that bet would've returned £1276.00.

£20 on Watford, Atletico, Portsmouth over 1.5 goals @ just over 8/1. Lovely jubbly.

Had a great week last week up until Sunday when I lost about half of what I'd won. So this is very welcome.

Tempted to put it all on Arsenal at the weekend. :lol:

£20 on Watford, Atletico, Portsmouth over 1.5 goals @ just over 8/1. Lovely jubbly.

Had a great week last week up until Sunday when I lost about half of what I'd won. So this is very welcome.

Atletico over 1.5 goals?!

Atletico over 1.5 goals?!

Assuming Atletico to win and Pompey over 1.5 goals :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Arsenal/A.Madrid double (90mins) is an enhanced 10/3 on Betfair.

I saw the Paddys day offer of 16/5 on there but when i added Arsenal/Madrid in seperately it was 19/5 so hoyed £5 on that :lol:

Had £5 on Arse -1, Madrid, Wolves, Bristol City, Northampton :anguish:

!

Assuming Atletico to win and Pompey over 1.5 goals :lol:

Aha - I thought you had all three to win with over 1.5 goals in each!

That actually brings me to a serious point - I'm too fond of the over 1.5 team goals bet merely because it means you can have your bet won without having to watch the rest of the game, when in reality the win is the better option (e.g. Atletico yesterday.)

Team goals instead of a win is a massively tempting bet. It's a bit similar to BTTS - it's a psychological thing, people would much rather say both teams will score because their best is never 'over' as such, whereas BTTS no (or under 2.5 goals) doesn't fit with that mentality.

:thup:

I'm becoming a big fan of the >1.5 team goals market but you've absolutely got to pick your battles carefully and not use it as a substitute for the WDW market. It's a great market if you're like me and like to keep an eye on every selection as it runs, and can have them winning and increasing a potential cash-out, same with BTTS. I very rarely put a bet on that can be dead before the end of the game, there's something incredibly irritating about it. I think it's that if that happens, I'm too tempted to stick another bet on.

Roma are a team to avoid, they're not playing well at all. Luckily I included Fiorentina in my L15 but gutted I didn't back them as a single.

Bottled Sampdoria the other day @ 9/2, too. They won 0-2 in Rome.

Guest Roger Kint

Hope some people got on board the stupid 6/4 price for Kiev to qualify.

I just had £5 on Kiev, Sevilla, Ajax, Wolfsberg & Besiktas :anguish: