The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

That's the second time in a fortnight Clive has screamed the wrong name when a goal has gone in. :lol:

"ROOOOONEY!" as Oxlade-Chamberlain scored the opener against Scotland and now "DEMBELEEEE!" as Stambouli crashes in the rebound, fucking tit.

Tonight is the most impressed I've been with us in arguably years.

We've played better, but we very rarely ever show the ability to be clinical. Play like that and I'm not exaggerating to say I think we can beat any team in this competition. Basically did the archetypal "classic away performance" - something we really don't do usually. Other teams may have better players but I don't think many teams would want to play us. Pissing a group with Wolfsburg (2nd in Bundesliga and in great form) and Lille (finished, what, 4th last year? Albeit in poorer form this year) is no mean feat.

Would happily sacrifice European qualification this year for a big run in this tournament this year. That said I really don't see why we shouldn't be looking at finishing top 6 again given the troubles everyone is having (not that we've been particularly good in the league by any stretch of the imagination.) Our squad may not be littered with stars but we have enough good players to not be overly stretched by fighting on both fronts, injuries aside. Martinez has been playing arguably stronger squads in Europe than in the league.

seen reports with this pic

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/11/28/1417213100732/RC-Deportivo-La-Coruna-v--007.jpg

It's like he's in the shining putting his head through the door HERE'S MOYSEY