The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Emre Can is such a classy player man. Looked really good in midfield once moved in there. Can't believe he doesn't play in midfield ahead of both Henderson and Lucas.

To be fair, he is one of the main reasons the defense hadn't conceded a goal in open play for 8 matches until today. Can't see Rodgers disrupting a finally settled defense. Really sucks with Lucas (our 2nd best performer after Can in the good run) injury and the awful run of games coming up.

Was at work during the game. Saw the highlights, amazing how seamless Ibe's transition from being a bench player at Derby to starting wingback in two massive games has been. He's been very good in both games !

Hull and QPR with massive wins...hope this inspires Burnley to pull a shock tomorrow.

Had the privilege of watching Adebayo Akinfenwa in the flesh tonight.

He went in with a studs up two-footed lunge, scuffed an effort with the outside of his boot that trickled out for a goal kick and managed to loose a boot making a clearance before he was booked for taking an eternity to trudge off when substituted.

What a man.

Villa have scored the fewest goals in the league, only 5 teams have conceded more (which includes us).

They are now losing games against teams around them, today was a massive game for them. It all points to one thing.

They have to turn things around fast, I'm not sure they will be able too.

The thing with Villa is that unlike us I can't see many players who are good enough staying around, they usually do ok with bringing younger players in so it would likely be down to them being good enough to bring them back up.

I know you said that you think he'll stay even if you go down, but say the only way he gets sacked is if you're relegated would you take it?

No. Relegation is too much.

We are at home to Leicester in the cup this weekend. I'd gladly get facefucked by them in that match if it meant getting shot.

It is all immaterial anyway. He's going absolutely nowhere.

There was a Villa fan texted in to 5Live: "Get off Lambert's back. Remember we used to be in the old third division."

I know you said that you think he'll stay even if you go down, but say the only way he gets sacked is if you're relegated would you take it?

No. Relegation is too much.

We are at home to Leicester in the cup this weekend. I'd gladly get facefucked by them in that match if it meant getting shot.

It is all immaterial anyway. He's going absolutely nowhere.

There was a Villa fan texted in to 5Live: "Get off Lambert's back. Remember we used to be in the old third division."

Jesus wept.

With the obscene new money and so many football fans 'knowing their place', I'm really quite worried for football at this level.