The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Was a penalty but he did dive. Clearly. No need to make yourself look a plank on national TV trying to deny it.

Why?

It was a wild and silly challenge. If Krul did it, I would expect a penalty against him and be angry at him.

Point to the part in the laws of the game where wild and silly challenges are mentioned, please.

Was a penalty but he did dive. Clearly. No need to make yourself look a plank on national TV trying to deny it.

Why?

It was a wild and silly challenge. If Krul did it, I would expect a penalty against him and be angry at him.

Erm...contact? There was none?

I can understand Rooney jumping over the leg, landing in stride and attempting to reach the ball, no-one's expecting him to just continue running and get clattered. But he didn't hurdle the leg he fucking took off and dove full length whilst dangling his right leg un-naturally in the hope of clipping the keepers leg. It's a dive, he's cheated, he had no intention of reaching the ball whatsoever he just wanted the pen. Pre-mediatated, deliberate attempt to con the officials.

Why?

Absolute crap - the exact same thing happened with Krul and Carroll against Liverpool 3 year ago and the correct decision was made no foul and a booking for Carroll.

Thing is, an attacker can be clearly impeded even without contact. Rooney wasn't impeded at all; he got to the ball first, beat the goalkeeper with a perfectly good touch and would have easily retained possession had he stayed on his feet. He jumped to the floor instead. Cheating.

:lol: It was a dive, therefore, not a penalty. It's black and white. The keeper should have tried to stay on his feet though. You give the modern footballer a chance like that and they're going down.

Well yeah, if the "modern footballer" is a massive cheat like Wayne Rooney.

:lol: It was a dive, therefore, not a penalty. It's black and white. The keeper should have tried to stay on his feet though. You give the modern footballer a chance like that and they're going down.

Or Steven Taylor, aye. They're all massive cheats.

Lazy comeback.

Lazy comeback.

Aye, not the best come back considering everyone here hates Steven Taylor :lol:

Lazy comeback.

And it was 10 years ago. Shameful stuff from The Frog.

Lazy comeback.

Which makes it even worse. Diving wasn't as prevalent as it is now. If you're going to try and tell me Newcastle players don't dive I'm out.

Lazy comeback.

Which makes it even worse. Diving wasn't as prevalent as it is now. If you're going to try and tell me Newcastle players don't dive I'm out.

:lol: If that's the best comparison you can make then you shouldn't really speak on such matters.

Lazy comeback.

:lol: If that's the best comparison you can make then you shouldn't really speak on such matters.

No Taylor's was much worse but it's the first one that came to mind. When I watch Newcastle I tend not to nitpick on things such as diving. I've come to accept it's not going away.

Lazy comeback.

Newcastle players don't dive

:troll: