The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Legia Warsaw tonight

BwJcoaVIcAAFuCI.jpg:large

It's embarrassing when clubs in England deem themselves as having the best fans of the world when others do things like this, things we can only dream of.

f***ing statement or what.

http://i.imgur.com/HXBleR6.jpg

:okay:

:lol:

Still a great effort from our lot, especially ManDoon acting like a rolling stone.  :D

FYP, it's gunna stick.

Western Sydney Wanderers into the semi finals of the Asian Champions League, despite the club only being formed a couple of years ago. :thup:

great club, great fans and they get results with an average team on paper. Popovic is a great coach.

Aye :thup: Went to see them when I popped down for the Ashes. Would love them to win it.

HJK Helsinki is leading against Rapid Wien 4-3 on aggregate. 15 minutes to go and looks like first time Finnish team goes to UEL Group Stages. Rapid need 2 goals.

Bah, 25 seconds too late :D

Norway the only Nordic country who were out of Europe altogether by end of July. Good to see a lot of Nordic teams in EL/CL groups. Though Danish teams got utterly destroyed this round. FC Copenhagen set to be top seed in tomorrow's draw

Looks like HJK will be in EL groups.

Must be some years since the last time a Finnish team made it to group stage of any European competition.

1998 HJK was in the Group stages of UCL

^ Fuck,  didn't know it was THAT long ago. They went out to Kaiserslautern in KO rounds I think. Kaiserslautern from Bundesliga 2 to CL quarter-finals in space of 1.5 years that year. One of my first memories of watching the CL  :frantic:

^ f***,  didn't know it was THAT long ago. They went out to Kaiserslautern in KO rounds I think. Kaiserslautern from Bundesliga 2 to CL quarter-finals in space of 1.5 years that year. One of my first memories of watching the CL  :frantic:

IIRC Won Metz in Qualifying phase and in the gropu stages won Benfica and drew one game, lost the others.

There seems to be millions of scando teams in the qualifying and they always get humped.

Yea, Scandinavian teams always get an extra spot in EL for FairPlay. but manage to lose to teams from Cyprus/Croatia/Bosnia almost shamelessly.

Rory Smith was suggesting they should merge the leagues by region in lesser footballing countries, like having a Nordic League, a league for Holland/Belgium, an Eastern European league etc....because it's unfair on teams like BATE/Malmo etc to get to CL groups and then get humped. and it just creates monopoly for their respective leagues because of the massive CL money a team gets and others get fuck all. Not sure I agree with him.

^ f***,  didn't know it was THAT long ago. They went out to Kaiserslautern in KO rounds I think. Kaiserslautern from Bundesliga 2 to CL quarter-finals in space of 1.5 years that year. One of my first memories of watching the CL  :frantic:

IIRC Won Metz in Qualifying phase and in the gropu stages won Benfica and drew one game, lost the others.

Yea, you are right. just checked it, Kaiserslautern/Benfica/PSV. remember watching a game vs. FCK , but thought it was in the knock outs.

Legia Warsaw tonight

BwJcoaVIcAAFuCI.jpg:large

It's embarrassing when clubs in England deem themselves as having the best fans of the world when others do things like this, things we can only dream of.

f***ing statement or what.

http://i.imgur.com/HXBleR6.jpg

:okay:

:spit:

HJK Helsinki is leading against Rapid Wien 4-3 on aggregate. 15 minutes to go and looks like first time Finnish team goes to UEL Group Stages. Rapid need 2 goals.

Just scored again with the brilliantly named Demba Savage :lol:

There seems to be millions of scando teams in the qualifying and they always get humped.

Yea, Scandinavian teams always get an extra spot in EL for FairPlay. but manage to lose to teams from Cyprus/Croatia/Bosnia almost shamelessly.

Rory Smith was suggesting they should merge the leagues by region in lesser footballing countries, like having a Nordic League, a league for Holland/Belgium, an Eastern European league etc....because it's unfair on teams like BATE/Malmo etc to get to CL groups and then get humped. and it just creates monopoly for their respective leagues because of the massive CL money a team gets and others get f*** all. Not sure I agree with him.

Tbh HJK has been winning the title like 8 times in a row now and they have been signing old Finnish internationals like Tainio, Forssell an Väyrynen. Granted, Finnish league is poor and they are not great players anymore, but are ripping the league apart. Ok, maybe not Forssell.