The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

I can't believe Van Gaal is determined to use this system with the defenders they currently have,

They have so many wingers that he is wasting as well. Valencia, Young, Nani, Zaha and Januzaj all have to learn new positions.

I can't believe Van Gaal is determined to use this system with the defenders they currently have,

They have so many wingers that he is wasting as well. Valencia, Young, Nani, Zaha and Januzaj all have to learn new positions.

TBF I think Valencia could pretty handy as a defensive wingback or whatever term you wish to use. Whilst i understand he has always played there, I think Zaha will develop into more a central player anyway.

I think 3 men at the back requires a bit more technical quality than what Van Gaal is going to get from the likes of Jones, Evans and Smalling.

The 352 suits some players but others especially the three defenders often seem to struggle. Shaw looks good as a wingback so does Young and I'm sure it would suit Valencia as well.  However you need to build from the back and that requires a goalkeeper and a back three who are comfortable on the ball and MU looked nervous when ever they were pressurised.

We would have the same problem we have two natural wing backs in Janmaat and Haidara, but a back three who are not comfortable on the ball and a goalkeeper who is a shocking footballer.

How comes there was 110,000 watching Man United v Real Madrid but tonight, for the final, the stadium is half empty?  :hmm:

It was the final so no one knew who was playing until Saturday. And Miami have really shit support for every sport.

Mental eh? On Saturday night they must have been pulling in fans from hundreds of miles away, Canada too, and tickets started at £80! Mind you Man United do that every week in the premier league anyway.