The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

A lot of good games this weekend with ours being the absolute talent dredge of the lot of them.

Man Utd still can't sort a defensive line and if they should be that high up against Berahino.  If they get in the top four this season it'll be because Liverpool and Arsenal are equally as compromised at the back.

'Arry slating Taarabt in public nicely take the attention from his shit team being bottom.

No doubt the media will lap him up for being "honest"

Looks like Taarabt has hit back at saggy chops already. Good enough to start for Milan not good enough for the QPR bench.

Taarabt paints a picture of a chaotic training regime as QPR adjust to life back in the Barclays Premier League. When he arrives in west London for this interview straight after training on Monday, he announced his arrival by lifting his T-shirt. It has to be said he looks in good shape.

‘I am a professional - this is not about retaliation, this is about protecting my reputation,’ said Taarabt. ‘I played in that reserve game for 90 minutes and if he didn’t think I was running he could have taken me off. Maybe I didn’t perform like I could because it was a reserve team game and I was protecting myself.

After QPR's 3-2 defeat against Liverpool on Sunday, manager Harry Redknapp claimed Adel Taarabt is unfit and 'three stones overweight', which was the reason for him playing just 25 minutes of Premier League football this term.

‘Just because we are losing games I am not going to kick the ball in the stands. My job is to create, bring goals to the team. Maybe he expects me to make more tackles. I am not this type of player.

‘The training sessions aren’t the same standard as Milan, or what I would expect under another manager. They are not as intense, the players aren’t as motivated. It is the same as we used to do at Tottenham years ago. When we played West Ham he told the players “you’re not fit, you’re not this, you’re not that”.

‘I said “but the problem is we don’t have any plan in the game, we don’t know how to press as a team. It’s not about just running around, you need to play with your brain”.

‘I was thinking that West Ham didn’t have better players than us, but they were well organised.

‘Almost every time we lose the ball the opposition score. We need to do something about it.

When I was playing at Milan, sometimes Kaka or Robinho weren’t getting in the team. Then I come to QPR, and that’s not to disrespect my team-mates because I have a good relationship with them, but I was surprised I was not in the squad.

When I came back from Milan, the QPR kitman said “you are no more No 10”. I never wanted to be No 10 but the fans asked the chairman for Adel to be 10 not 7 because of the legend Stan Bowles - they wanted me to have the 10 shirt.

‘They said they had never seen an exciting player like this for 20 or 25 years, so I said to Tony Fernandes I will take it. Then this summer I was told I would be 27 so I said “OK, no problem”. I said nothing.’

‘I just think that obviously at QPR the fans love me, I love QPR and I love the fans. They are my club. You can’t break the relationship with me and the fans. He wants to get the fans against me.’

Be nice if Ben Arfa had the bollocks to defend himself like that. "I don't want Mr Pardew to be sacked, great manager etc."

did ben arfa say those words?  must have passed me by

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,95331.msg5232457.html#msg5232457

hm, maybe i did see it actually

ben arfa has for some time been 'fighting' against the perception he's a troublemaker like, the existence of a clause in his contract to return in january suggests he probably does want pardew binned

'Arry slating Taarabt in public nicely take the attention from his shit team being bottom.

No doubt the media will lap him up for being "honest"

Looks like Taarabt has hit back at saggy chops already. Good enough to start for Milan not good enough for the QPR bench.

Taarabt paints a picture of a chaotic training regime as QPR adjust to life back in the Barclays Premier League. When he arrives in west London for this interview straight after training on Monday, he announced his arrival by lifting his T-shirt. It has to be said he looks in good shape.

‘I am a professional - this is not about retaliation, this is about protecting my reputation,’ said Taarabt. ‘I played in that reserve game for 90 minutes and if he didn’t think I was running he could have taken me off. Maybe I didn’t perform like I could because it was a reserve team game and I was protecting myself.

After QPR's 3-2 defeat against Liverpool on Sunday, manager Harry Redknapp claimed Adel Taarabt is unfit and 'three stones overweight', which was the reason for him playing just 25 minutes of Premier League football this term.

‘Just because we are losing games I am not going to kick the ball in the stands. My job is to create, bring goals to the team. Maybe he expects me to make more tackles. I am not this type of player.

‘The training sessions aren’t the same standard as Milan, or what I would expect under another manager. They are not as intense, the players aren’t as motivated. It is the same as we used to do at Tottenham years ago. When we played West Ham he told the players “you’re not fit, you’re not this, you’re not that”.

‘I said “but the problem is we don’t have any plan in the game, we don’t know how to press as a team. It’s not about just running around, you need to play with your brain”.

‘I was thinking that West Ham didn’t have better players than us, but they were well organised.

‘Almost every time we lose the ball the opposition score. We need to do something about it.

When I was playing at Milan, sometimes Kaka or Robinho weren’t getting in the team. Then I come to QPR, and that’s not to disrespect my team-mates because I have a good relationship with them, but I was surprised I was not in the squad.

When I came back from Milan, the QPR kitman said “you are no more No 10”. I never wanted to be No 10 but the fans asked the chairman for Adel to be 10 not 7 because of the legend Stan Bowles - they wanted me to have the 10 shirt.

‘They said they had never seen an exciting player like this for 20 or 25 years, so I said to Tony Fernandes I will take it. Then this summer I was told I would be 27 so I said “OK, no problem”. I said nothing.’

‘I just think that obviously at QPR the fans love me, I love QPR and I love the fans. They are my club. You can’t break the relationship with me and the fans. He wants to get the fans against me.’

Redknapp displaying his famous "man management"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-claims-4473879