The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Leicester need to improve quickly, they're sinking like a stone.  70% pass completion and 35% possession against a team like Villa.  That's just dismal!

Thought we played well today.

We are very fragile in confidence - you could see that in the last ten minutes when we fell further and further back, but although far from an amazing performance, that was better than it has been for a while.

First goal in front of the Holte End since the first week in April. Only the second time we've scored more than twice this season. A truly record breaking sequence of shitness.

Downside, Westwood injured. Upside - Grealish is going to get more chances, sooner. The fans love him, he is one of us, and he's shown so much promise while out on loan. Created two chances within minutes of coming on today, too.

Every single goal from Messi was excellent today. Finally back to the form we're used too. CRonaldo watch out.

Last one in particular was a piece of beauty.

I preferred the first one, that little touch and finish :megusta:

One of the good things to come out of the hooligan confrontation this week, is that La Liga has tightened its violence and abuse rules. For now, it has forced Madrid to expel 17 members of its singing section that pelted abuse to Messi and Catalans during their last home game.

If this ends up cleaning up the stands of Spanish stadia, it will be for good.

His stock is pretty low among fans at the moment, although there's been some uptick in our performances these past weeks. Still, we don't really look like a team yet.

I get what he's trying to do; he wants more directness, and quicker transitions, but I don't think we have the players for that. There's been moments where it has worked (like the second half against Espanyol), but usually what happens is that we look fragile in midfield and vulnerable to counters. We lose too many balls as we take more risks, and our midfield is too one-paced to apply effective pressure to win it back, and the guys upfront aren't contributing to that since they are as offensive as you can get.

I think we work best when Messi drops to #10 and Suárez/Neymar run in front of him, with Xavi in midfield surrounded by more dynamic types like Masch and Rakitic. Alba is playing much better than last year, but Alves is a disgrace.

There's nothing coming from the players' camp, besides Montoya wanting out. Piqué and Xavi seemed unhappy at the beginning of the season, but they seem to have calmed down (and both are trending upwards in form compared to last year, even if still way below their best).

PSG this week will be a good test.