Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

The most frightening thing about this cunt is if we were only signing him now and he had been fairly injury free in the past we would be looking at paying £15M+

Who knows he may come good yet, but then again I might still get a threesome with the Minogue sisters....

Bloody hell, I totally forgot we owned Diame.

Steady on Ian, William Wilberforce ensured that we merely employ him  :lol:

Ian longs for a return to the good old days. I've told him time and again that things have moved on. Needs to open his mind a bit.

If he can play to his potential it actually will be like a new signing :) :)

I really hope he can do well just not holding out any hope for him. Knowing our luck even if he does make it through pre-season has a stormer on the opening game he will get a nasty leg break or the like right after....

If he stays fit he's at least worthy of a place on the bench. Technically he's probably our best number 10, would be interesting seeing him behind Gayle in pre-season, could be a poor man's Beardsley & Cole.

If he stays fit he's at least worthy of a place on the bench. Technically he's probably our best number 10, would be interesting seeing him behind Gayle in pre-season, could be a poor man's Beardsley & Cole.

Definitely think it could work, I think he'd also play well with Perez. Moot point probably.

De Jong behind Gayle, Ritchie one wing, a new left-winger, a bit more depth in the centre and I think we'd be fine.

Getting desperate when people are trying to convince themselves this bloke is a viable option for this season

Not really, if he can stay injury free (Big If) then he could do a decent job, and thats all people are saying.

De Jong's not good enough for the PL, got less pace than Diame.

What about Nolan for us last time we came up?

Sheringham, Bergkamp, Okocha, Beardsley, Le Tissier, Bervatov all played with a great deal of success in the PL but with little to no pace to speak of.

Guest neesy111

Sheringham, Bergkamp, Okocha, Beardsley, Le Tissier, Bervatov all played with a great deal of success in the PL but with little to no pace to speak of.

We played a completely different system when Nolan played, also Nolan's goals dried up after Carroll left.

From that list, only 1 has played in the PL the last 10 years.....

We played a completely different system when Nolan played, also Nolan's goals dried up after Carroll left.

From that list, only 1 has played in the PL the last 10 years.....

Well, to take a tangent, I'd say any of the ones I'd mentioned wouldn't look out of place in any of the top 5-6 clubs starting XI today. Seemingly, youth football breeds speed merchants and you just don't see the slower, technical ones make it through as much nowadays.

Nolan was tough and what he lacked in mobility he made up with his positioning in key areas, stiff breeze would blow De Jong over

A stiff breeze would tear De Jong's quad, break 4 of his fingers and give him head lice.

But has more technical ability in the pinky of his left foot than Diame has in his whole body.

Injury free he has the possibility give us options, especially from the bench.

He won't be injury free though so is a liability.