Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140701/united-sign-siem-de-jong_2281670_3943578

"It is great to have signed for Newcastle. It is a big club which my brother told me all about, so I already feel good here.

"I had been at Ajax a long time and wanted a new challenge in a new environment and a new country.

"Coming to Newcastle is a great opportunity and the chance to play for a club like this in the Premier League was one I could not turn down.

"I am looking forward to starting training and meeting my new teammates and hopefully we can have a successful season."

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew added: "We are absolutely overjoyed to bring Siem to the Club because he will give us intelligence in the final third and create goalscoring situations, which we lacked towards the end of last season.

"It is a big signing for this Club. Siem brings massive experience from Ajax, I think our fans are going to enjoy the way he plays and I cannot wait to start working with him."

"This summer may see De Jong on the move, with the player himself indicating that he is ready for a move. A transfer to the English premier league appeals, but he may also elect to join his brother Luuk in the Bundesliga. A frequent visitor to Monchengladbach to see Luuk in action, Siem has indicated a move to Germany may be his preferred option.

First team football is a must for the attacker, who is eyeing up a place in the Dutch national squad for the upcoming World Cup. Coach Luis van Gaal called De Jong up for the recent World Cup qualifiers, but sees the Ajax man as a striker rather than a midfielder. This means he must compete with not only Klaas jan Huntelaar, Robin van Persie, and Dirk Kuyt for a place in the squad, but also his brother Luuk.

Whoever does sign De Jong will be getting a technically gifted play-maker, adept now in midfield or in attack. His best position is still as an old fashioned number 10, who is allowed to float around behind the striker. At 6ft 1 he also adds a physical presence to midfield, helping him fend off tackles, as he strides forward.

Although he has scored a number of goals, finishing is still an area of De Jong’s game that could be improved. This season, De Jong is one of the biggest shot takers, having attempted 89 in 32 appearances, but with only 11 goals to show for it. Something that needs to improve if De Jong is to become a regular forward.

The sun is setting on Siem de Jong’s time in Amsterdam, but he will always be remembered as part of the most successful Ajax side of recent times. Potentially leaving with 3 Eredivisie winners medals, and a KNVB Cup success. Not bad for the man, known by many football, as the less talented brother of Luuk."

:scared:

Guest neesy111

Mind when we do decide to sign players it seems like they come from nowhere and done in a day

Nope, as Dave pointed out earlier in the thread we've been linked with him for ages.

"This summer may see De Jong on the move, with the player himself indicating that he is ready for a move. A transfer to the English premier league appeals, but he may also elect to join his brother Luuk in the Bundesliga. A frequent visitor to Monchengladbach to see Luuk in action, Siem has indicated a move to Germany may be his preferred option.

First team football is a must for the attacker, who is eyeing up a place in the Dutch national squad for the upcoming World Cup. Coach Luis van Gaal called De Jong up for the recent World Cup qualifiers, but sees the Ajax man as a striker rather than a midfielder. This means he must compete with not only Klaas jan Huntelaar, Robin van Persie, and Dirk Kuyt for a place in the squad, but also his brother Luuk.

Whoever does sign De Jong will be getting a technically gifted play-maker, adept now in midfield or in attack. His best position is still as an old fashioned number 10, who is allowed to float around behind the striker. At 6ft 1 he also adds a physical presence to midfield, helping him fend off tackles, as he strides forward.

Although he has scored a number of goals, finishing is still an area of De Jong’s game that could be improved. This season, De Jong is one of the biggest shot takers, having attempted 89 in 32 appearances, but with only 11 goals to show for it. Something that needs to improve if De Jong is to become a regular forward.

The sun is setting on Siem de Jong’s time in Amsterdam, but he will always be remembered as part of the most successful Ajax side of recent times. Potentially leaving with 3 Eredivisie winners medals, and a KNVB Cup success. Not bad for the man, known by many football, as the less talented brother of Luuk."

:scared:

:lol: Luuk was probably jealous of his brother's career so "recommended" us to him.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140701/united-sign-siem-de-jong_2281670_3943578

"It is great to have signed for Newcastle. It is a big club which my brother told me all about, so I already feel good here.

"I had been at Ajax a long time and wanted a new challenge in a new environment and a new country.

"Coming to Newcastle is a great opportunity and the chance to play for a club like this in the Premier League was one I could not turn down.

"I am looking forward to starting training and meeting my new teammates and hopefully we can have a successful season."

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew added: "We are absolutely overjoyed to bring Siem to the Club because he will give us intelligence in the final third and create goalscoring situations, which we lacked towards the end of last season.

"It is a big signing for this Club. Siem brings massive experience from Ajax, I think our fans are going to enjoy the way he plays and I cannot wait to start working with him."

No shit fucktard.

he will give us intelligence in the final third and create goalscoring situations, which we lacked towards the end of last season.

cos you froze our only attacking fret out of the team,  you fucking mong. I hate this man.