2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

By all means a centre-back who can step out of the line and play the ball a bit is a good thing. This idea that you can just charge up the pitch as a centre half is just stupid.

First it will create vulnerability at the back, secondly, if you're that good going forward then don't play in a position that brings with it the most defensive responsibility.

We don't need arial strength tonight, we need pace on the break.

True but RvP wouldn't offer that either. My thinking was I think Argentina are very susceptible to a set piece and will be liable to concede a lot of FKs in the middle/final third.

While true I'm with Unbelievable on this, playing Huntelaar plays straight into Argentina's strengths. Garay and Demichelis would love to see an old fashioned 9 they can mark and go to battle with.

How do Germany almost always manage to play like a proper team? As though they play and train with each other week in week out?

Bayern M.

Is any other country's team selected so heavily from one club? I can't think of one.

How do Germany almost always manage to play like a proper team? As though they play and train with each other week in week out?

Bayern M.

Is any other country's team selected so heavily from one club? I can't think of one.

Spain at their best was basically Barca and a few Madrid players.

Bayern M.

England - Liverpool. Unfortunately.

What are peoples thoughts on David Luiz then? He has always had his critics defensivesly and his defensive faults were certainly on show to the world last night... Can't see ever stepping up to be a top class CB to be honest and I don't think he even wants to play there.. DM maybe another matter however.

I still think he's a really good player, but he needs to be alongside an out and out defender like Thiago Siva or Terry. He's had a decent tournament until yesterday, and Brazil were a shambles as a team yesterday, it wasn't just about him.

We should have tried to sign him, imagine the coronary that kind of play would induce on 1 player past the half way line Pardew.

Bayern M.

Mostly this. It helps that they take the national side seriously in Germany. They really shook things up after the humiliation in 2000, and the DFB (German FA) isn't beholden to the league, like in England, and has much better support from most clubs. Also, Löw has been in the job for about 10 years, with a constant core of players experienced in his system, so there's some real consistency there.

Love Flip trying to claw himself to moral high ground. "Well...well...we don't riot!!"

Only jesting of course, but it's still funny.

I stood up together with a majority of the stadium to applaud a 7th goal, Klose being subbed off and a national team that had just gone into the history books for all the wrong reasons in probably the darkest day of Brazilian football. It has nothing to do with moral high ground or whatever you think and all down to do with the fact that a big part of this country has shown the world that all their pre-conceived ideas are wrong.

Also, people saying this is the end of Brazilian football comparing a 200 million populated country to the island of yours. We are the biggest nation in footballing history, between our third win and 4th win it went 24 years, we will have some great players maturing for Russia and there's no doubt in my mind that we'll win it.

As for the Neymar, I don't see what's wrong with holding a shirt of an injured player? This squad has been known for being extremely close (except in midfield where they apparently play like there's 200miles between each other) and Neymar was a big part of the team. He carried us past the group stage and without an injury against Chile we would've seen the best of him in the quarter finals and semi finals.

We'll be back, just like Germany once disappeared and came back and just like Italy does every 24 years.

Bayern M.

Mostly this. It helps that they take the national side seriously in Germany. They really shook things up after the humiliation in 2000, and the DFB (German FA) isn't beholden to the league, like in England, and has much better support from most clubs. Also, Löw has been in the job for about 10 years, with a constant core of players experienced in his system, so there's some real consistency there.

Played through the youth team together this core of players too which helps.

6 of the team playing last night started the 2009 u21 final.

In contrast 1 of the England team they played in the final made the England squad.

Love Flip trying to claw himself to moral high ground. "Well...well...we don't riot!!"

I stood up together with a majority of the stadium to applaud a 7th goal, Klose being subbed off and a national team that had just gone into the history books for all the wrong reasons in probably the darkest day of Brazilian football. It has nothing to do with moral high ground or whatever you think and all down to do with the fact that a big part of this country has shown the world that all their pre-conceived ideas are wrong.

Also, people saying this is the end of Brazilian football comparing a 200 million populated country to the island of yours. We are the biggest nation in footballing history, between our third win and 4th win it went 24 years, we will have some great players maturing for Russia and there's no doubt in my mind that we'll win it.

As for the Neymar, I don't see what's wrong with holding a shirt of an injured player? This squad has been known for being extremely close (except in midfield where they apparently play like there's 200miles between each other) and Neymar was a big part of the team. He carried us past the group stage and without an injury against Chile we would've seen the best of him in the quarter finals and semi finals.

We'll be back, just like Germany once disappeared and came back and just like Italy does every 24 years.

If he was dead it'd be okay. What they're doing now is just telling the world that Neymar is much bigger than the team and more important than the 11 out there at that time. He might just be, but the players shouldn't tell the world they agree. It's well :anguish: worthy.

Why are you so sure that you'll win that? You need to find two new midfielders,a striker,a right back and probably one attacking midfielder/winger before then and Germany will still have the majority of their team along with a few other teams

If he was dead it'd be okay. What they're doing now is just telling the world that Neymar is much bigger than the team and more important than the 11 out there at that time. He might just be, but the players shouldn't tell the world they agree. It's well :anguish: worthy.

You completely missed the point, they'd do the same if it was fucking Oscar or Fred. It's about the team, I've seen teams do the same when players have broken their legs and had other injuries. This happens quite often with a message of support. It's also different because he was unable to leave his home to watch at the stadium because of a fractured back. They just wanted to show him how much he means. ''Dead'', like we in life should only pay tribute to dead people ffs.

ok now explain how 'The Best Centre Back In The World'TM gets himself suspended in such a manner for a World Cup semi final

Lapse of concentration, also seen defenders do that 100 times and the goalkeeper not actually throwing the ball. I think his intentions were to run in front of Ospina so he wouldn't kick it out fast, and as soon as he actually got the ball of his hands it was too late to move direction. Stupid, but if anything last night shows why he clearly is the only real world class defender in the world.

Why are you so sure that you'll win that? You need to find two new midfielders,a striker,a right back and probably one attacking midfielder/winger before then and Germany will still have the majority of their team along with a few other teams

:lol:

Because after last night I have to believe in something :lol:

:lol: Fair enough

Bayern M.

Spain at their best was basically Barca and a few Madrid players.

And that's a big reason why we were so successful, imho. Del Bosque has got a lot of criticism for keeping the same core throughout the current cycle, but doing so is what won us the cups, imho.

In international footie, team cohesiveness >>>>>>>> everything.

We are the biggest nation in footballing history

Screw you, you took our idea and ruined it.

http://i.imgur.com/MOc3lPK.png

Wasn't meant to have goals until you bastards came along.

after last night the idea that you might be in any kind of shape in 4 years to come close to this german squad (with 4 more years development) is as laughable as the performance they put in last night

you'd literally have to be fielding a brand new squad made of of 18-22 years and neymar who all just happen to be totally amazing :lol:

good luck with that