2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think without a little bit of help from the refs alarm bells should have been ringing for Brasil a lot sooner in the tournament. There was a reason you could get Brasil 4/1 for the match against Germany and I would deep those odds too short. I don't think Neymar & T.Silva would have made that much difference - I still think Germany would have won it by 3. There's a gap in ability, a huge gap in tactical advancement but most of all I think the Germans had an almost machine like mindfulness - casually stroking balls across the box in a world cup semi final for f***s sake.

Possibly, but let's not forget Barcelona got shell-shocked by Bayern over two legs and then Bayern got the same treatment by Real Madrid. People are trying to analyse a game that is quite impossible to understand. It just happens, this is what makes football, football. Horrible feeling to be Brazilian, but at the same time I'm proud to say that at least the stadium and the attitude towards the German team and German fans was excellent yesterday. People congratulating them and they being able to walk around safely after a loss, something you probably wouldn't even see in a league game in many places around the world.

Fair points.

No, Felipao, you get it wrong.  What I mean is the quality of players, not their performance.  Even with Thiago Silva and Neymar, the statement still stands - Germany is much, much stronger than Brazil.  Brazil has no more playmaker once Neymar's done, while Germany is putting a 35m rated Gotze firmly on the bench.

Looking back, the only way for Brazil to win was to do a "Mourinho Bus".  My question, or my point is, would you, a die hard supporter for the Yellow, accept such tactic on your home ground? 

Scolari "got it super wrong" by trying to overpower Germany purely by emotion and home pressure and was spectacularly backfired.  The sad thing is probably he has no choice because no one can accept Brazil to play anti-football, which I think is the only way for Brazil to win last night.

I disagree that Brazil's squad wasn't good enough to win this World Cup. Up there with the best imho in terms of individual players' quality, and certainly much better than ours.

It wasn't good enough.  This team was a lot weaker than the one in 2002.  No strikers (Ronaldo).  No magician except Neymar (Ronaldinho and Rivaldo).  No reliable holding midfielders (Kleberson and Gilberto Silva). No reliable full backs (Carlos and Cafu).  While Thiago and Luiz are the strongest CB partnership in the world, they have no backups.

Whether it is "good enough" depends on your opponent as well.  Germany is the strongest in the planet right now, no question.  This Brazil will never be able to beat this Germany.

Netherlands got Robben, the best player in this World Cup.  That's enough. He can win you all matches as long as you don't concede much at the back.

Scolari got it horribly wrong.

Brazil's best chance of victory would be to Mourinho it 1-0. With defending of absolute paramount. Nice and tight and look to hit Germany on the break.

Ghana & Iran really troubled Germany with that approach.

But that would've meant changing attacking personnel and changing tactics. It needs a striker capable of playing on the last shoulder and defenders that have come to defend.

Even individually that German side isn't 6 goals better than Brazil. Nowhere near. The difference was Brazil had all their weaknesses out on show which dovetailed perfectly with Germany's strengths. Then you factor in a lack of leadership on the pitch or on the sidelines and you have an epic 20 minute capitulation the likes normally witnessed at SJP or WHL.

No, Felipao, you get it wrong.  What I mean is the quality of players, not their performance.  Even with Thiago Silva and Neymar, the statement still stands - Germany is much, much stronger than Brazil.  Brazil has no more playmaker once Neymar's done, while Germany is putting a 35m rated Gotze firmly on the bench.

Looking back, the only way for Brazil to win was to do a "Mourinho Bus".  My question, or my point is, would you, a die hard supporter for the Yellow, accept such tactic on your home ground? 

Scolari "got it super wrong" by trying to overpower Germany purely by emotion and home pressure and was spectacularly backfired.  The sad thing is probably he has no choice because no one can accept Brazil to play anti-football, which I think is the only way for Brazil to win last night.

I disagree that Brazil's squad wasn't good enough to win this World Cup. Up there with the best imho in terms of individual players' quality, and certainly much better than ours.

It wasn't good enough.  This team was a lot weaker than the one in 2002.  No strikers (Ronaldo).  No magician except Neymar (Ronaldinho and Rivaldo).  No reliable holding midfielders (Kleberson and Gilberto Silva). No reliable full backs (Carlos and Cafu).  While Thiago and Luiz are the strongest CB partnership in the world, they have no backups.

Whether it is "good enough" depends on your opponent as well.  Germany is the strongest in the planet right now, no question. This Brazil will never be able to beat this Germany.

Netherlands got Robben, the best player in this World Cup.  That's enough. He can win you all matches as long as you don't concede much at the back.

:dowie:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think without a little bit of help from the refs alarm bells should have been ringing for Brasil a lot sooner in the tournament. There was a reason you could get Brasil 4/1 for the match against Germany and I would deep those odds too short. I don't think Neymar & T.Silva would have made that much difference - I still think Germany would have won it by 3. There's a gap in ability, a huge gap in tactical advancement but most of all I think the Germans had an almost machine like mindfulness - casually stroking balls across the box in a world cup semi final for f***s sake.

Possibly, but let's not forget Barcelona got shell-shocked by Bayern over two legs and then Bayern got the same treatment by Real Madrid. People are trying to analyse a game that is quite impossible to understand. It just happens, this is what makes football, football. Horrible feeling to be Brazilian, but at the same time I'm proud to say that at least the stadium and the attitude towards the German team and German fans was excellent yesterday. People congratulating them and they being able to walk around safely after a loss, something you probably wouldn't even see in a league game in many places around the world.

Sorry yeah - that post may have been a little misleading - to extend on the bolded text I think Brasil almost certainly lost their heads & completely bottled it, playing punch-drunk after the first goal* whilst Germany never let anything get to them - from the atmosphere to the remarkable result they were creating & they ended up cruising.

*Probably partly due to losing players & suffering an overwhelming pressure to succeed.

Scolari got it horribly wrong.

Brazil's best chance of victory would be to Mourinho it 1-0. With defending of absolute paramount. Nice and tight and look to hit Germany on the break.

Ghana & Iran really troubled Germany with that approach.

But that would've meant changing attacking personnel and changing tactics. It needs a striker capable of playing on the last shoulder and defenders that have come to defend.

Even individually that German side isn't 6 goals better than Brazil. Nowhere near. The difference was Brazil had all their weaknesses out on show which dovetailed perfectly with Germany's strengths. Then you factor in a lack of leadership on the pitch or on the sidelines and you have an epic 20 minute capitulation the likes normally witnessed at SJP or WHL.

Inclined to agree. Impressive as Germany's performance was I think whoever wins tonight will still give them a good game for their money and have a decent shot at the title sitting back a bit more and hitting them on the break.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You must have made a fortune.

Unless the referee intervenes I can't see anything but a fairly straight forward German victory tonight - although possibly a cruel German victory.

I stopped betting after the last 16....

Was Flip trying to say they were the better team for 11 minutes? :lol:

Absolutely not, was trying to point out that what happened came out of nowhere, it was more Brazilian black out than amazing German football. Because no matter how good anyone is, to score 4 in 6 minutes in this stage of a competition should be impossible. Well near impossible after last night. Not taking anything away from Germany obviously, but we should be able to match their best on a good day even if they're a better team.

You must have made a fortune.

Unless the referee intervenes I can't see anything but a fairly straight forward German victory tonight - although possibly a cruel German victory.

I stopped betting after the last 16....

You shouldn't have with your knowledge.

You said fairly straight forward Germany win. Now it's a win by 3 goals even if Silva and Neymar played. If you honestly thought 4/1 Brazil was too short and didn't have a bet on the game, I'm not the biggest gimp here.

If Pata's not the biggest gimp in the room you know some serious s*** is going down.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/eletters/files/2014/02/rsz_peyton-manning-broncos-loss.jpg

Guest Haris Vuckic

You said fairly straight forward Germany win. Now it's a win by 3 goals even if Silva and Neymar played. If you honestly thought 4/1 Brazil was too short and didn't have a bet on the game, I'm not the biggest gimp here.

You're certainly acting like it petal x

If Pata's not the biggest gimp in the room you know some serious s*** is going down.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/eletters/files/2014/02/rsz_peyton-manning-broncos-loss.jpg

You support the same team as Pip.

Low-blow that, I know. :lol:

You're certainly acting like it petal x

What is petal x?

Brazilian put this on facebook.

Brazil has Neymar. Argentina has Messi. Portugal has Ronaldo. Germany has a team.

No idea if it was his, or if he took it from someone, but that is just so damn accurate.