2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two games in a row now Fernadinho has been knocking out his best Van Bommel impression. I know Scolari's teams have always been like that and if they look to continue those tactics the officials need to start giving out early yellow cards.

Probable Holland lineup for tonight:

http://www.vi.nl/upload/c4218ff1-ba5e-484c-978c-c6792e876c13_OranjeversusCostaRica.jpg

Depay and Kuijt as wing backs.. :lol:

can't believe that side might end up in a WC semi like, must have busted fuckloads of predictors (mine inc.)

Guest Roger Kint

Probable Holland lineup for tonight:

http://www.vi.nl/upload/c4218ff1-ba5e-484c-978c-c6792e876c13_OranjeversusCostaRica.jpg

Depay and Kuijt as wing backs.. :lol:

can't believe that side might end up in a WC semi like, must have busted fuckloads of predictors (mine inc.)

All the Dutch journos that came on the radio here were predicting them to have an even worse tournament than Euro12(lost all three there) :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Ah man, that's so shit like. They'll do well to beat the Germans. We can't have the Germans winning the World Cup man. It'll be awful.

Still don't think it means he deserves a broken bone in his back either. :lol:

Fair enough. :lol: I didn't realise he'd actually fractured his spine.

Neymar dives and all, but players will keep doing it while they

1. Can gain advantage from it as the ref are incompetent as fuck.

2. They don't get any protection from the ref.

That really doesn't warrant a fractured vertebra and removal from the biggest two games that will happen in his life..

What Zuniga did yesterday was criminal, it wasn't a normal play, his only goal was to hurt Neymar with that challenge. He's never getting the ball. There's a huge problem in consistency of punishment. Sakho and Song have escaped further punishment for horrible things this WC and Zuniga will as well, while Suarez will get 4 months (although they've now removed the 'can't train with team' that I was so against).

A lot of people underestimated us, even laughed at some of the defenders' names because they'd never heard of them, and were adamant we would not get out of the group stage. I felt we could do much better than that, but I am surprised we could go as deep as the semis. Just shows what a few very good players and a bit of organisation can do. That said, we first have to beat Costa Rica, and I'm worried we won't.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah man, that's so s*** like. They'll do well to beat the Germans. We can't have the Germans winning the World Cup man. It'll be awful.

How come?

I know a few Germans and it'll be hell. I didn't like the way they played yesterday as well.

Colombian/anti-Brazil blinkers in here IMO. Ref has been s****, but he's been pretty s**** for both. Colombia and Brazil should both be a man light, or more.

:thup:

It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not going to deny the fact that there were plenty of decisions going Brazils way, but jesus f***ing christ some on here completely forgetting plenty of occasions. No wonder why someone calm like Kanji got p*ssed at some of you lot. I'm just going to laugh as I'm going to be in Belo Horizonte watching Brazil v the most likeable German side I can remember.

Svein Oddvar Moen was the ref. He absolutely loves favourites. Loves them. He's got years of priors. s*** ref.

Yeah, he loves them, just like Howard Webb loves us as well and almost sent us out. Moen must've missed the foul on Maicon prior to the penalty. Get over, ref was terrible, both ways just like it's been for almost every game this World Cup.

Also, Zuniga escapes a yellow card and fractures Neymars back. Funny how everyone thought James was getting kicked around.

That's because James was getting kicked around. And the challenge Neymar got injured in didn't deserve a yellow card

I'm sorry, but what James got today is what players like Messi, Neymar and many others get every single game every single f***ing week. Now that he has shown what he's capable off, he can expect as much as them.

Also, not a yellow? So a f***ing knee to the spine off someone who is chesting down a ball and you have zero chances of getting first to it ain't a yellow? I'm happy you have your specs on. Not surprised.

:thup:

People love an underdog, so much so every single decision that goes the favourites way gets amplified and every decision that goes against them gets ignored.

Happens all the time and has been especially noticeable in this World Cup.

Disagree. It was an ill-disciplined game. The referee lost control. Players were kicking lumps out of the game. The average PL or CL game is regulated much more tightly.

I haven't seen a player in a top level match get kicked about as much as Rodriguez did in a long time. I haven't seen such an ill-disciplined game with so few yellow cards in a long time too.

Brazil committed 31 fouls ffs. Colombia got in on the act too no doubt. The foul 10 minutes before 2-0 by Cuadrado which didn't receive a yellow card to me is when the game officially descended into war.

I'm really gutted for Neymar, his theatrics are a pain in the arse sometimes but I really admire the way he raises his game for Brazil. They lean on him heavily and for a guy so young to be able to welcome that responsibility and flourish under it is extremely impressive IMO.

I do think he's been a victim of Brazil's gameplan though. Thought last night they set out to turn the game into a dogfight, they didn't want to get involved in a game of football and when it became apparent the referee wasn't interested in booking anyone the Colombians responded the same way (and worse, ultimately) as they got frustrated.

Sucks for Neymar that he was the one who came out of it hurt.

Two games in a row now Fernadinho has been knocking out his best Van Bommel impression. I know Scolari's teams have always been like that and if they look to continue those tactics the officials need to start giving out early yellow cards.

Has he picked up a single yellow yet?

I'm certain Brazil will somehow make it to the final. Certain.

Has he picked up a single yellow yet?

I'm certain Brazil will somehow make it to the final. Certain.

Fifa are as well. ;)

If/when Brazil win it I assume they'll get to keep the current trophy? It'll be 6 wins.

Germay will piss all over this utter garbage of a Brazil side..imo

What the fuck does Fred actually do? Utterly inept at this level.

They are a 'clattering' midfield, no particular flare anywhere (Neymar apart), sentiment and long lost memories always sem to cloud the issue when it comes to Brazil.

If Colombia had shown more belief, not been kicked lumps out of by Fernadinho et al, the ref had shown some early cards they could have beaten this lot.

Germay v Holland final for me.

Germans winning, cos they know how to.

I didn't see him going off that much. The fact that a fractured spine leads to the same reaction as bumping side-to-side with an opponent says quite a lot about the way players go on right now.

Apart from the fact it wasn't the same reaction.

Gutted about Neymar's injury, it's a middle finger to destiny. Without him and Silva, Germany should eliminate these in the semi but it won't feel right if Brazil aren't in the final. Such a shame for the golden boy.

Anybody else sick of hearing the pundits saying they're shocked that Brazil aren't playing like Brazil? They haven't played that way since the 80s yet all of a sudden they should be able to go back to this mythical style of joga bonito.