Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Hes not s***, he just doesn't give a f*** like most of our team.

Defensively, he's shit. Going forward he's average at best. He's not worth holding onto when his attitude is just as bad as his inability to defend.

I'm past the point of caring whether players stay or go (probably the attitude the clubs wants so there is no fan unrest when a player moves on).

The most important person now is Rafa and not any one player.  I just hope he is still here next season.

Eventually if he decides he can be bothered to play for us than maybe he could be useful.  But the thing is, we don't want players who we know for a fact will turn to shit when you need them most.  Not even Benitez coming in has had any impact on him.

I think he;s one of the least you can have a go at this season. He's put in more effort than the majority of them, he interacts with the crowd, he clearly cares. He's not great at defending, but he's being trained by people who aren't either it seems so.

Ofcourse he wants to play for his country? He's far to good to be in the championship, doesnt mean he wont be doing his best to keep us up man.

I'm past the point of caring whether players stay or go (probably the attitude the clubs wants so there is no fan unrest when a player moves on).

The most important person now is Rafa and not any one player.  I just hope he is still here next season.

Agree with this, 100%.

We could lose the lot and I'd not give a shite.

Totally disrespectful if true. At least wait until end of season. We are in a relegation fight and like usual they are thinking of themselves. Disappointed I thought he was a better character than that. Always gestures to the fans like he's passionate and tries to raise the noise at St James.

I think it's pretty realistic that he has a slight knock and doesn't want to risk it on an absolute nothing game and Blind has tried to overcompensate by trying to make it look like he's really committed. The thing about wanting to attract other clubs doesn't make any sense to me anyway as they'll be watching way more intently of him playing in a relegation battle than they will be in a meaningless friendly

It doesn't really surprise me that he wants to be off, always looked like he thought far too much of himself. I wouldn't care much tbh. While he's got some great quality going forward, as a defender he's unreliable. I'm more concerned it's characters like this who won't give everything in these last few games as they've already got one eye on the exit door.

.com have him as doubtful for Norwich. We're going into that match with another makeshift defence and keeper.

Would rather play captain fist pump at right back than the tin man anyway, at least Taylor can defend most of the time.

.com have him as doubtful for Norwich. We're going into that match with another makeshift defence and keeper.

Would rather play captain fist pump at right back than the tin man anyway, at least Taylor can defend most of the time.

Fucking hell :lol:

Nah its more the fact you're to thick to get what I've written.

You'd prefer Steven Taylor to Janmaat at right back is what I see? Or is there some hidden message to your post?

Why would you be amazed that someone doesn't want to persist with a a guy at right back who hasn't been able to defend this season and has recently stopped offering any attacking threat to boot.  I don't see why its so incredible to want to try someone else there.  I've never been Taylors biggest fan, mainly because he makes crazy mistakes occasionally and is made of balsa wood.  But most of the time he can actually get on to the field he's decent to good defensively, which would be a big step up from Janmaat at the moment.

Nah its more the fact you're to thick to get what I've written.

You'd prefer Steven Taylor to Janmaat at right back is what I see? Or is there some hidden message to your post?

Why would you be amazed that someone doesn't want to persist with a a guy at right back who hasn't been able to defend this season and has recently stopped offering any attacking threat to boot.  I don't see why its so incredible to want to try someone else there.  I've never been Taylors biggest fan, mainly because he makes crazy mistakes occasionally and is made of balsa wood.  But most of the time he can actually get on to the field he's decent to good defensively, which would be a big step up from Janmaat at the moment.

Steven Taylor is not fucking decent to good defensively most of the time he's fit, ffs. Its also not the same position at all so even if he was decent to good defensively which he clearly isn't, its just not the same. Also Steven Taylor would offer us nothing going forward at all, which Janmaat, although with poor crossing sometimes does

If Taylor isn't good to decent defensively most of the time I've got no idea how to describe Janmaat.  He's either nowhere to be seen defensively or he's arriving too late to stop a goal attempt.  I remember one moment last game when under no pressure at all, a number of Newcastle players in front of him, he calmly headed the ball straight to a Sunderland player.  Steven Taylor would be fucking massacred on here if he was as bad as Janmaat has been, and theirs been no sign of improvement under Rafa either.  The most positive thing you can say about Janmaat is that he regularly receives the ball in a offensive position, unfortunately he regularly does fucking nothing with it.