Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

We won't miss him, he's been an absolute liability for weeks now.

Hopefully Mbabu is fit, if not then I would be tempted to give the lad Sterry a go, much prefer a proper full back over an out of position midfielder.

NUFC should fine Janmaat for his stupidity.

We won't miss him, he's been an absolute liability for weeks now.

Hopefully Mbabu is fit, if not then I would be tempted to give the lad Sterry a go, much prefer a proper full back over an out of position midfielder.

Might as well play Mbabu or Sterry. There's a good chance they'll be here next season so giving them game time is a reasonable idea, especially when there is no one else for their position. They couldn't do much worse than our first choice option.

Guest reefatoon

Reports this morning that Janmaat may now miss the rest of the season with his hand injury.

What a absolute fanny.

Obviously what he was going for when punching a wall the f***ing coward that he is. Anything to stop having to play and battle.

Reports this morning that Janmaat may now miss the rest of the season with his hand injury.

What a absolute fanny.

Out for that long cause of a finger injury? Were we planning on playing him in goal or something?

I'd put Sissoko RB, Dummett LB. If Montero plays I'd hope that Sissoko's pace and physical presence might nullify him. Tbh I think Rafa has more to worry about at centre half and how to set up the midfield and attack.

What a absolute fanny.

Out for that long cause of a finger injury? Were we planning on playing him in goal or something?

If he did, he cant be any worse than what he is as a RB. 

I'd put Sissoko RB, Dummett LB. If Montero plays I'd hope that Sissoko's pace and physical presence might nullify him. Tbh I think Rafa has more to worry about at centre half and how to set up the midfield and attack.

Might be big but has never used to his advantage, hes soft as fuck.

He definitely has at full back the last few games

Might be big but has never used to his advantage, hes soft as f***.

He definitely has at full back the last few games

When he's giving a shit, he's easily just got to use his body to get in front of the player and as soon as the ball gets moved by him just fucking get between it - when he does that he's quite brilliant. Rarely does it of course, but like triggs has said - he did it at fullback last few matches.

• 1 month later...

Spoke with him this morning. Training far more focused on tactics and positional awareness under Rafa (compared to McIsland). Overwhelmed by crowd reaction on Sunday.

I asked him if he'd be gone next season, he looked surprised and said 'No', he wanted to stay. (For what its worth).

Used to really like him. He came in and looked like he was a winner and wouldn't accept failure but unfortunately it looks like the clubs ambition wore him down to what he is now.

Would be happy for him to stay; he wouldn't get away with poor performances under Rafa.

I still like him. We conceded a lot of goals because he was out of position, but sometimes that wasn't his fault. We had no shape or structure and he was basically our only attacking outlet for a large majority of the season. Not always possible for him to be in two places at once and we seemed to be most vulnerable to conceding when we were on the attack (i.e. our attacks came to nothing and teams would hit us too easily on the break).

One thing he was guilty of was committing too early to try and win balls when the odds of success were pretty slim. Again a lot of that can be put down to a lack of a plan/structure as a team. Now that Rafa is there you can see defensively that we are very disciplined in holding our shape and ensuring there are no gaps. This means that the opposition have to either take shots from distance or try the low percentage pass. That's what Anita was doing so well and we even did it against Villa, it was just frustrating that we (mainly Sissoko and Gini) didn't seem interested in hitting them on the break like we did against Spurs. Janmaat came back in on Sunday and looked much better than pre-injury - largely thanks to his decision making, which for me is a by-product of Rafa's training.