Our Summer Transfer Business

Minhosa

Guest Howaythetoon

Up to now its been shit to be honest. Colback is a slight upgrade on Gosling I supposed but Cabella and the Dutch fella are unknown quantities in this league. We haven't replaced Cabaye or Remy and our squad is very weak indeed. We will struggle badly next season. We need several players still and good quality ones at that.

Up to now its been s*** to be honest. Colback is a slight upgrade on Gosling I supposed but Cabella and the Dutch fella are unknown quantities in this league. We haven't replaced Cabaye or Remy and our squad is very weak indeed. We will struggle badly next season. We need several players still and good quality ones at that.

I think the unproven in this league is a bit silly tbh, so too were Ginola, Robert and Cabaye and it didn't work out to bad with those guys.

We were never going to sign a million players this close season, 6 is already a pretty huge jumped from their stated policy of signing one player a season. I would be happy if the added PEA and Grenier to the signings made so far, think that would make it a pretty darn good window. The centre backs are still an issue and buying an upgrade for Wilo/Taylor while letting one of them go would make it a perfect window IMO.

Up to now its been s*** to be honest. Colback is a slight upgrade on Gosling I supposed but Cabella and the Dutch fella are unknown quantities in this league. We haven't replaced Cabaye or Remy and our squad is very weak indeed. We will struggle badly next season. We need several players still and good quality ones at that.

I hate the 'unknown quantities' crap. It's true to an extent but you might as well say Stoke are no better off with Bojan in for say Walters because he's unknown to this league.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hate the 'unknown quantities' crap. It's true to an extent but you might as well say Stoke are no better off with Bojan in for say Walters because he's unknown to this league.

Usually it wouldn't be a huge issue but in Debuchy and Cabaye we have lost two top players who as good as they were still took time to become good players for us. We are effectively trying to replace seasoned pros with rookies basically. Under Pardew and his tactics I just fear we are in for another tough season, at least for the most part last season we had Cabaye and Remy and now we have a bunch if unknowns really. We have such an unbalanced and weak squad it's ridiculous really. Unless we address several positions with real quality this is going to be a very underwhelming and not at all pro-active transfer window... Again!

Yep - absolutely ridiculous to think that we might be going into the season with just Riviere, an injured and out of form Cisse as our strikers.  Unless they are hoping for big things from Armstrong, Campbell and Perez?

We scored 43 goals in the league last season and 45 the season we finished 16th. With no change in the defence baring Janmaat for Debuchy, you have to seriously consider if we would get a similar goals return from our current options. Will Cabella, de Jong and Riviere replace the 21 goals contribution from Remy and Cabaye?

We've lost Debuchy, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Remy. That's out best defender, best midfielder, best winger and best striker.

The players we've brought in are the bare minimum tbh. Replacing what we've lost and we still haven't brought in a top class replacement for Remy. We'll be doing very well to stand still next season based on business so far.

I loved the boosh but we still shipped goals like crazy. I don't think his departure will be felt as badly as the others. Hatem hasn't featured for a long time now so again, its not like he'll be missed. Then you're talking about these players replacing half a season of Cabaye and 26 games from Remy. Regardless of how down hearted I may be about this club I can't reasonably argue that the team that will start this season isn't stronger than the team that finished the last.

The squad still needs a reliable center forward capable of 10-15 goals a season to replace Remy/Ba's contribution but if they manage that then I think people have reason to be optimistic that were not in for the same absolute shower of s*** again.

At least until they remember whose at the helm.

When you've got Pardew "managing" the side with his awful tactics you have to worry how we'll do whoever comes in. A it stands I agree, the window hasn't been a disaster but new players take time to adjust and we still have no fully recognised striker, are weak at the back and lack depth.

The board/manager can dress it up anyway they like but they've done what's needed to probably prevent relegation and stay in the 10-14th bracket. We're a few injuries away from a crisis and like I've said with Pardew we're completely directionless.

Still need the kind of striker that put a team on his back and carry them for periods of the season.  Remy did it.  Ba did it.  Cisse did it but I doubt he can do it again.

A Pardew line up will always need that kind of striker because for vast majority of the time he'll be the only player anywhere near the opposition penalty area. For a team to rely on goals from other areas of the pitch would require a manager with some real idea how to set them up. This is part of the reason I don't mind us not buying  striker because to watch Pardew chopping and changing his side to get results next season will be funny.

Unless the club sign a PROVEN goal-scorer those who have doubts about the coming season are quite correct to do so. We have always struggled to score more than 1 goal a game unless the opposition either has someone sent off or had a bad day and bringing in what look to be decent(but not top-class)midfielders and a replacement RB for Debuchy will not keep the club out if trouble over the whole season. The new players - esp the foreigners - will take a while to adjust to PL pace and there are bound to be injuries. I expect de Jong and Janmaat to settle more quickly but its a lottery.

Last season, Remy saved our bacon with vital goals...add up the points we would have lost without his strikes and you see what I mean. Cabaye was also important in his goal contribution.

Without a player who can get goals regularly - and under this manager - we are on a wing and a prayer.

Including the Cabaye money is our transfer expenditure/income this window a + or -? Haven't seen the fees for most of the lads we signed

Transfer expenditure around Cabaye and Debuchy total.