Our Summer Transfer Business

Minhosa

Reasonable so far, but unfinished - we need a proven striker and a decent RB, from what I've seen Janmaat is worth buying at his age. We also need a proven CB to replace Colo OR Williamson(he's never going to be a top performer in the PL).

We will probably get the RB, but not convinced about the others.....

Got absolutely nothing to base this on given the facts, but have a feeling we might spend big (by our standards) on a striker this summer.  If Ashley/Pardew want to curb the unrest on the terraces, they need to!  Not that it will make any difference to Pardew and his management credentials.

Enners Valencia is signing for West Ham. I know the fee is £12m but his international record, and what I saw in the WC suggests he's going to get them goals. That's one area where penny pinching might come back to bite us on the arse.

Are there any 'proven' strikers available for the paltry sums we are likely to spend?

Remy, but there again i find it highly unlikely a CL club doesn't come in for him.

It really doesn't seem like there are many other options though, unless we start to spend £12 million plus.  Which seems unlikely.

Transfer flurries like this don't half take the absolute piss out of Pardew's "the transfer window is really hard :(" bullshit.

Know little about the players we've signed but we're on track to doing the bare minimum required: replacing players lost. Cabella might even be an upgrade on Cabaye?

Transfer flurries like this don't half take the absolute p*ss out of Pardew's "the transfer window is really hard :(" bullshit.

Know little about the players we've signed but we're on track to doing the bare minimum required: replacing players lost. Cabella might even be an upgrade on Cabaye?

Different players in all honesty.

Cabaye could do a job much deeper which I don't think Cabella is capable of.

Also cabaye has made the step Cabella is hoping to make already.

Guest chopey

I'm quite happy with the players coming in and sky have avoided us with the exception of the obvious man city game, so pardew should have a quiet start to the season but I still can't shake off my hatred for his arrogance and I just know the first game we win it will be all down to him and his tactics/signings and we should all be grateful to him.

I'm quite happy with the players coming in and sky have avoided us with the exception of the obvious man city game, so pardew should have a quiet start to the season but I still can't shake off my hatred for his arrogance and I just know the first game we win it will be all down to him and his tactics/signings and we should all be grateful to him.

Fuck his arrogance it's his incompetence which bothers me.

The fact we have actually upped our offers to get the players we want this time is encouraging as is the securing a replacement before allowing Debuchy to go. Appears a slight change in strategy, whether that is down to Charnley or they have something horrific round the corner fuck knows. In ideal world we wouldn't be getting rid of Debuchy but he may have been pushing and 12 million is decent for him

It doesn't take a lot to get it right, but it's easy to get it wrong when the likes of jfk are involved. Charnley seems like a sensible bloke, not nasty like lambias not vindictive like Ashley, so maybe, finally, we've got someone happy to work within the club restraints but also someone Ashley trusts to make footballing decisions,  who can also make the right calls at the tight time.

Fingers crossed.

It doesn't take a lot to get it right, but it's easy to get it wrong when the likes of jfk are involved. Charnley seems like a sensible bloke, not nasty like lambias not vindictive like Ashley, so maybe, finally, we've got someone happy to work within the club restraints but also someone Ashley trusts to make footballing decisions,  who can also make the right calls at the tight time.

Fingers crossed.

Not saying you're wrong, but what is this based on?

Fingers crossed.

Not saying you're wrong, but what is this based on?

the squad had the look of relegation certainties a week ago.

This completed business (along with the reported intent to add a few more faces) shows we are serious with our stated aim of finishing in the top 10 every year and getting all the players on the cheap from France and Holland.

I'm still looking forward to seeing new players though - signing exciting attackers hasnt happened much under Ashley.

Jonas, BenArfa, and Cisse are the only forward players I can think of whose arrival caused any excitement. Ba slipped under the radar a bit iirc. I suppose you could say Xisco. Loan deals for Remy and DeJong shouldn't count for a club our size.

It's really not been much to go on over the last 7 years.