Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Guest firetotheworks

It's the fact he speaks like a bloke in the pub who hasn't seen most of our players play that attracts criticism.

That's so true like. If he was just a fan and he was speaking like that to you about us you'd pretty quickly think he had no idea what he was talking about and either walk away, talk to someone else or change the subject.

Even his examples are crap, Cabaye was quality from day one.

You have to be a special kind of idiot to use the progression of fucking Gouffran as a reason to be optimistic for Rivière, like. I already hate this prick more than Pardew.

Everyone on here really liked Gouffran in his first six months here and were constantly annoyed with Pardew for taking him off early in every game. Him and Cabaye are the worst two examples he could have possibly come up with :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

He probably thinks that Torres peaked after Liverpool, once he'd learned the ways of the English game.

Guest firetotheworks

He's actually been better than a lot of them out there today, which tells you everything you need to know.

I thought between Rob Mcdonald, Frank Pingel, Dave Mitchell, Andy Walker, Andreas Andersson and a few others, i'd seen the worst strikers at the club. Wasn't around for the glorious Bobby Shinton era, but even he managed 6 or 7 in that season people talk about. The only one who comes close to this donkey is Paul Moran who came on loan around 1990 or 1991, got pissed the night before his only game against Wolves and managed to miss from a yard out while colliding with the post.

Guest firetotheworks

One thing I would say is that him being one of the worst strikers we've had is way off like. He's shite, but he's not the worst that I've seen for us.

I've always had a soft spot for some of our 'cult' shocking strikers like Maric, Andersson and Luque.

Not this clown. It's like chain letters with him.

Change L to an N to make c.u.n.t.

Awful. Absolutely bloody awful.

One thing I would say is that him being one of the worst strikers we've had is way off like. He's s****, but he's not the worst that I've seen for us.

This is someone whose only job is to score goals and hasn't even come close to doing it once and yet you've seen worse? Not only does he not score, he has no technical ability, doesn't defend effectively from the front, doesn't defend at set pieces or bring others into play. All he does is run around, Christ any fucker off the street with a bit of fitness can do that man.

Guest firetotheworks

One thing I would say is that him being one of the worst strikers we've had is way off like. He's s****, but he's not the worst that I've seen for us.

This is someone whose only job is to score goals and hasn't even come close to doing it once and yet you've seen worse? Not only does he not score, he has no technical ability, doesn't defend effectively from the front, doesn't defend at set pieces or bring others into play. All he does is run around, Christ any fucker off the street with a bit of fitness can do that man.

He's rubbish, but off the top of my head Andersson, Georgiadis, Dalglish and Kuqi were worse. Scoring goals isn't a striker's only job and you know that, but obviously it's one of their main jobs. Still though, without that I still think the above were worse. People forget how bad Tomasson was after that miss in the opening game of the season. I desperately wanted Tomasson to be good and hindsight obviously shows that he was, but for us he was still very poor if we're purely going on goals.

The past few years we've relied on lads like Ba and Remy who were able to conjure goals out of thin air. This guy doesn't have that ability, he'll probably go back to France and score a few goals. At the minute he's an average striker in an atrocious side.

This is someone whose only job is to score goals and hasn't even come close to doing it once and yet you've seen worse? Not only does he not score, he has no technical ability, doesn't defend effectively from the front, doesn't defend at set pieces or bring others into play. All he does is run around, Christ any f***er off the street with a bit of fitness can do that man.

He's rubbish, but off the top of my head Andersson, Georgiadis, Dalglish and Kuqi were worse. Scoring goals isn't a striker's only job and you know that, but obviously it's one of their main jobs. Still though, without that I still think the above were worse. People forget how bad Tomasson was after that miss in the opening game of the season. I desperately wanted Tomasson to be good and hindsight obviously shows that he was, but for us he was still very poor if we're purely going on goals.

Those mentioned were all awful players but each managed goals at the very least and didn't cost us 6m quid either. I don't think it's 100% his fault, he's a poor player with limited all-round ability, now low on confidence and he has come to a new club in a new country with probably the most unprofessional setup in the entire division. Not many would thrive under that.

Guest firetotheworks

This is someone whose only job is to score goals and hasn't even come close to doing it once and yet you've seen worse? Not only does he not score, he has no technical ability, doesn't defend effectively from the front, doesn't defend at set pieces or bring others into play. All he does is run around, Christ any f***er off the street with a bit of fitness can do that man.

Those mentioned were all awful players but each managed goals at the very least and didn't cost us 6m quid either. I don't think it's 100% his fault, he's a poor player with limited all-round ability, now low on confidence and he has come to a new club in a new country with probably the most unprofessional setup in the entire division. Not many would thrive under that.

Only Andersson out of those mentioned scored (4) in 27 and he cost £3m 17 years ago...Guivarch was £3.5 million 17 years ago too. It's an odd debate to have because obviously you'd want it to be something about our best strikers, but I don't think Riviere's the worst by a long shot.

The past few years we've relied on lads like Ba and Remy who were able to conjure goals out of thin air. This guy doesn't have that ability, he'll probably go back to France and score a few goals. At the minute he's an average striker in an atrocious side.

No way he is average :lol:

Only Andersson out of those mentioned scored (4) in 27 and he cost £3m 17 years ago...Guivarch was £3.5 million 17 years ago too. It's an odd debate to have because obviously you'd want it to be something about our best strikers, but I don't think Riviere's the worst by a long shot.

Both Georgiadis and Dalglish managed cup goals I think. Pedantic I know, they were fucking awful players. To say Riviere is not the worst by a "long shot", agree to disagree I suppose. He's clearly one of the worst we've ever had. No ability to control a football or football brain whatsoever. The striker's equivalent to Obertan basically. He can run quite quickly, that's about his only asset and that sole attribute barely cuts it in Sunday league.

No way he is average :lol:

In this current side I'd say he is.