Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/800/draft_lens17615658module148086255photo_12971617141.png

Perfect

I was a bit harsh on him to be fair. It's 5 games under pardew but even with a better manager under a better system with decent support i can't see him getting more than 10 goals a season in the prem at the moment.

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/800/draft_lens17615658module148086255photo_12971617141.png

Perfect

I was a bit harsh on him to be fair. It's 5 games under pardew but even with a better manager under a better system with decent support i can't see him getting more than 10 goals a season in the prem at the moment.

10? Be lucky if he gets 1.

I wouldn't judge any player based on five games under normal circumstances, never mind when they're playing for Alan Pardew.

I wouldn't normally, but this lad makes Luke de Jong look like a predator.

Scored a few already for PSV. Luuk did look better which considering he was as weak as piss is pretty damning.

My worry with this fella is that he doesn't appear to be good at anything. I was sorry for him up to when Cisse came on and basically pissed all over him with no support and no match fitness etc.

Clearly we are not playing a game that suits Rivière, or perhaps that and him not yet being ready for the league. Luuk De Jong looked a bit more useful than this guy - both shared the fact they appear to have zero goal threat, but De Jong appeared to link up play a bit better.

My worry with this fella is that he doesn't appear to be good at anything. I was sorry for him up to when Cisse came on and basically pissed all over him with no support and no match fitness etc.

Clearly we are not playing a game that suits Rivière, or perhaps that and him not yet being ready for the league. Luuk De Jong looked a bit more useful than this guy - both shared the fact they appear to have zero goal threat, but De Jong appeared to link up play a bit better.

He's playing poorly, but I'm not sure to what extent nerves are playing a part in that. He's making some poor decisions, and he tenses up when a chance comes his way. He's also probably not used to the speed and physicality with which he gets closed down in the Premiership. He then ends up seeming to do everything in a rush.

But no, it doesn't look promising at the moment.

I don't think it is fair to judge the lad yet.  We all know that some players take a long time to settle and he's come into a poor team lacking in confidence.

We knew when we bought him that he was a support striker and that he tends to score goals in bunches and then go on long dry spells so he is obviously a confidence player.  He is completely isolated in a new team with no support and as he is usually the only man up front, he is easy for the opposition to mark.  I would like to see him playing with another striker whose presence might give him some more room.

If he fails here, it doesn't mean to say he is bad player.

Pretty clear he is not very good imo. He has shown nothing at all so far living up to his very average record in France.

This is the thing. You could make a case for players being poor because they're managed by Pardew but his record in France just backs up the opinions that he's a dud.

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely nothing about this guy to suggest that he's anything other than complete dog shit. As Jimburst rightly said though, it's hard to criticise a player under Pardew, but Riviere is putting that to the test atm. He looks the part, but it's not working for him at all which is what was expected considering his record.