Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

He has been absolutely terrible in his first 4 games, absolutely nothing to get excited about, nothing to justify even his small transfer fee. Scouting network needs to look at themselves and question WTF they were thinking that this guy could lead our line in the PL.  Now he may need time to settle in and I'm sure Pardew's coaching has had an impact but there are zero signs there, zero signs that he has any ability to improve.

I know they're the ones out there and they therefore take a lot of the blame for how shit we are, but with the new players in particular it feels totally pointless judging them too much. We're a horrible team with a rubbish manager, I'm not sure we can expect the players to look anything but awful.

I know they're the ones out there and they therefore take a lot of the blame for how s*** we are, but with the new players in particular it feels totally pointless judging them too much. We're a horrible team with a rubbish manager, I'm not sure we can expect the players to look anything but awful.

There's looking awful and there's not even looking like a professional footballer, this guy is the latter right now.

I know they're the ones out there and they therefore take a lot of the blame for how s*** we are, but with the new players in particular it feels totally pointless judging them too much. We're a horrible team with a rubbish manager, I'm not sure we can expect the players to look anything but awful.

There's looking awful and there's not even looking like a professional footballer, this guy is the latter right now.

Fair enough, but attacking players are the ones given the very least opportunity to shine under Pardew.

He was a nothing player in pre season when playing against rubbish. He's not a goal scorer and will not contribute anything with the style of football we try miserably to play. Completely stupid signing and perhaps a little unfair on him.

At least he's fit enough to play unlike Chunky or whatever he's called.

How many shots on target have our strikers had so far this season.

I know they're the ones out there and they therefore take a lot of the blame for how shit we are, but with the new players in particular it feels totally pointless judging them too much. We're a horrible team with a rubbish manager, I'm not sure we can expect the players to look anything but awful.

Well said but unfortunately Riviere looked average even in France.

Will reserve judgement, watching the Chelsea Swansea match and seeing mostly average players like Routledge (who wasn't good enough for us) playing above themselves because they play to a system and are motivated by their manager.

Will reserve judgement, watching the Chelsea Swansea match and seeing mostly average players like Routledge (who wasn't good enough for us) playing above themselves because they play to a system and are motivated by their manager.

We got Obertan for Routledge who we were told was not good enough for us. I know which one I prefer.

I liked Routledge, I never really understood the criticism he got on here. He made a huge difference to us in the promotion season and I don't think he was really given a fair crack of the whip in the first season back.