Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 - Svein best coach in da league

LRD

I think Sturridge is way too much of a sacrifice to the rest of one's team considering the exit of his considerably more gifted strike partner.  Could well be that he ends up scoring 20 but £11.5million?  Damn.  Could get so much more quality in the team with that few extra million to spare.

No doubt I'll end up eating these words.

I think Sturridge is way too much of a sacrifice to the rest of one's team considering the exit of his considerably more gifted strike partner.  Could well be that he ends up scoring 20 but £11.5million?  Damn.  Could get so much more quality in the team with that few extra million to spare.

I don't agree. I think there's a lot of cheap defenders around for the first rounds at least that will play. I think Sturridge, Rooney, Diego Costa and Lukaku are all extremely price worthy for the first weeks.

Guest Roger Kint

Since Sturridge is now the focal point of the attack, you could argue he's an even better pick than last season.

Its not as though he struggled while Suarez was suspended either

Since Sturridge is now the focal point of the attack, you could argue he's an even better pick than last season.

Exactly and what people forget he was averaging a goal a game during Suarez suspension last season.

The idea that he needs Suarez to perform is at best a myth.

I don't agree. I think there's a lot of cheap defenders around for the first rounds at least that will play. I think Sturridge, Rooney, Diego Costa and Lukaku are all extremely price worthy for the first weeks.

I suppose Sturridge is guaranteed to be the main man looking at Liverpool's striking options, but Lukaku and even Rooney and Costa are condiserably cheaper than him.  I think 11.5m is overpriced.

Now I have said that everyone on the forum should all pick him because he'll tear the league apart and earn 300 points :lol:

He was scoring goals just fine when Suarez was out last season. Coutinho played better with Suarez out of the XI as well.

I, like many others have included mata and rooney due to Man Utd's easy opening fixtures.

But looking back at LVG's Netherlands, their team (With prime Robben and RVP) struggled to score goals against park the bus teams (which I suspect likes of Swansea/Sunderland/Burnley) will go for in that 3-5-2 formation.

They'd most likely win the games, but I think we may be deceived at idea of goal/assist galore by Mata/Rooney in those games.

Coutinho and Lukaku any day.

Although if you can I'd try and get an extra 500k for Sterling. Will probably get a lot more goals than Coutinho.

He probably will in the long run, but coming into the season, Coutinho is more rested and is in blistering form.

Froggy: Is Blackett set for a run at wing back, or will Rafael and Young be picked?

Sigurdsson has been in my team from Day 1 - I love the bloke! - but I'm reconsidering him. It'll either be Siggy & Austin, or De Jong & Fletcher.

Froggy: Is Blackett set for a run at wing back, or will Rafael and Young be picked?

Sigurdsson has been in my team from Day 1 - I love the bloke! - but I'm reconsidering him. It'll either be Siggy & Austin, or De Jong & Fletcher.

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/1986835/manchester-united-without-9-players-including-robin-van-persie-against-swansea

Blackett most likely at CB.

Changed mine a bit again

Begovic

Coleman

Bartley

Cahill

Blackett

Hoilett

Ramsey

Sanchez

Sterling

Jovetic

Rooney

I don't think Ozil will play this weekend but I hope to switch to 352 when he's back

Begovic

Ferdinand

Cahill

Davies

Sterling

Barkley

Ramsey

Mata

Costa

Rooney

Bojan

Bench: Krul, Henderson, Collins, Wisdom

Bojan has Villa at home to prove himself, or else he'll be immediately fucked off. Gutted at inability to fit Sturridge in, but I'll probably do it after the international break. Confident Barkley will play well in Everton's first few games (always tends to raise his game against big sides)