John Alder & Liam Sweeney - Memorial Garden unveiled at SJP reception

bowlingcrofty

from www.nufc.com

Victims of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash on Thursday included two Newcastle United supporters travelling to support their team in New Zealand. 

We're desperately sad to report that they were John Alder and Liam Sweeney. Both were well known to away followers, particularly John, whose usual matchday attire led to the affectionate nickname of "The Undertaker". 

Both were in attendance at Oldham on Tuesday, doing what they loved. Our thoughts are with their friends, families and the many fans who knew them by sight.

Watching Newcastle will never be the same again.

Announcement

Victims of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash on Thursday included two Newcastle United supporters travelling to support their team in New Zealand. 

We're desperately sad to report that they were John Alder and Liam Sweeney. Both were well known to away followers, particularly John, whose usual matchday attire led to the affectionate nickname of "The Undertaker". 

Both were in attendance at Oldham on Tuesday, doing what they loved. Our thoughts are with their friends, families and the many fans who knew them by sight.

Watching Newcastle will never be the same again.

http://nufc.com/

Grim as fuck.

RIP, poor sods. Horrible thing to happen at any time, but when you are going to watch a sporting event, fuck. Life is cruel as fuck.

Hopefully the club will do something in memory of the two of them.

Tragic but it doesn't make it worse for me knowing two were NUFC fans. The thing is awful enough already, I never really understand that line of thinking about UK citizens being involved etc.

It does for me, like

Tragic but it doesn't make it worse for me knowing two were NUFC fans. The thing is awful enough already, I never really understand that line of thinking about UK citizens being involved etc.

It makes it alot more real for people, when its affected something close/special to them. But I agree we've lost 298 innocent citizens of the world and it is incredibly tragic. 28 Australians and 2 Newcastle fans passing away, does hit home alot more for me personally.