Sydney FC 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/07/14

Newcastle Fan

It's a pre-season friendly, Stifler. Harsh to criticise someone for their first meaningless match.

If people can do it to me when I'm playing with mates on the park opposite mine then I can do it to professionals.  :)

It's a pre-season friendly, Stifler. Harsh to criticise someone for their first meaningless match.

If people can do it to me when I'm playing with mates on the park opposite mine then I can do it to professionals.  :)

:lol:

Hmmmm, not sure what I'm learning here, but it's mildly enjoyable. :lol:

Wish there was a bit more interest on the bench, but at least we might see something from Perez second half.

Yeh I want to see Perez, Armstrong, Abeid and Sammy.

Pedestrian game, with lots of players looking very rusty, as you would expect, but some flashes of optimism.

- Siem looked class after the first goal went it. Anonymous before.

- Colback looks tidy

- Riviere looks like he will put himself around a bit, has pace and is getting in the right places. looks like Pardew fancies using our wings and crossing again, lets see if that lasts, Riviere will need it if he is our main man at the start of the season.

- Aarons looks lively, not convinced he has the skills with the ball at his feet but if he knocks it round players he is likely to beat them for pace and likes a first time cross. Reminds me of Ferguson when he burst on the scene, just more raw pace and less battle. Certainly not getting carried away with the lad, we have seen it so many times before....but looks promising.

- Mapou is not a RB, but fair play for him continuing to fill in there, glad to see him get a goal.

I know it's only HT and he has scored but I'm not convinced by Riviere's performance. A lot of his touches seems to be heavy, and he looks to be going backwards more often than direct at goal. For the first goal I can't help but think that a more confident forward would have taken a turn and took the shot himself instead of passing it back for De Jong.

Anita, Aaron's, and Colback have been fairly good in the first half though.

Is this a serious post?

He used his brain and awareness to assist De Jong who was in a better position to score. He also got himself into a good position for his goal. A goal and an assist in 45 minutes...

Guest bimpy474

So is this the end of R.Taylor, or is he still injured?

Still in recovery mode, not quite there for games yet.

Number is Riviere wearing?

Wonder what that means for Vuckic, as that's his number usually.

He's wearing Shola's number 23.

Well if his career wasn't quite over already, it is now.

I know it's only HT and he has scored but I'm not convinced by Riviere's performance. A lot of his touches seems to be heavy, and he looks to be going backwards more often than direct at goal. For the first goal I can't help but think that a more confident forward would have taken a turn and took the shot himself instead of passing it back for De Jong.

Riviere is class. Do one.

A paracetamol, washed down by a strong coffee, and a full english breakfast usually gets me out of recovery mode.

How hard can it be?

Guest bimpy474

A paracetamol, washed down by a strong coffee, and a full english breakfast usually gets me out of recovery mode.

How hard can it be?

As someone who has snapped his ACL once, fucking hard, seeing as Raylor did twice very closely, really fucking hard. It's a horrible injury, you have to get it right.

Guest firetotheworks

Watching Sydney against us is like watching us against a competent Premier League team.

How hard can it be?

As someone who has snapped his ACL once, fucking hard, seeing as Raylor did twice very closely, really fucking hard. It's a horrible injury, you have to get it right.

It was supposed to be a joke about a hangover recovery, but it's ok, it can go down as another one of my shit jokes.

Guest bimpy474

How hard can it be?

It was supposed to be a joke about a hangover recovery, but it's ok, it can go down as another one of my shit jokes.

Sorry :lol: being hard to spot when joking is a good thing to have

Guest firetotheworks

Inswinging non-floaty corner, what is this s***?

In Pardew's eyes, probably pre-season rustiness.

Riviere is class. Do one.

:lol: