Chucky Ferreyra

ponsaelius

A good sign is Shakhtar are probably a top 5 club in Europe in terms of signing South Americans.

Why let him go out on loan for the season though?

Well he seems to have been a bit of a perennial sub behind Luiz Adriano. They only play with 1 striker there based on every CL game I've seen them play. Plus the whole not going back because of the conflict thing.

We've gambled on a player that has a past track record and has been signed by a club with a good scouting network, but has the added caveat of not completely settling and wanting away for non-footballing reasons. A perfect Ashley opportunist gamble :thup: :thup:

Been saying this as well, I'm really happy about signing a Shakhtar player that seems like he hasn't settled there for several different reasons.

A good sign is Shakhtar are probably a top 5 club in Europe in terms of signing South Americans.

Why let him go out on loan for the season though?

Surely the political situation? I heard he refused to return to Ukraine to play for Donetsk because of it.

He did for a day, then flew back. He probably wanted to get out of Donetsk though, and you really can't blame him for it.

Couldn't really tell from today as due to the pre war grainy pictures I could just see 10 grey and 1 orange blob moving about my screen

You must have been watching a different match tbh.

Didn't know Scocco has left the mackems. That was another that Disco rated iirc. Few success stories for Argie forwards in the PL except for Tevez and Aguero so far. Hope he does well here.

Hmmm ... having Coloccini around for this guy will be key then. Hope he does well. Didn't see too much of the ball yesterday, as things got a bit muddled with all of the subs. Liked that he was harrying though, which led to our third.

Didn't know Scocco has left the mackems. That was another that Disco rated iirc. Few success stories for Argie forwards in the PL except for Tevez and Aguero so far. Hope he does well here.

Aye, he was good in Argentina but the quality gap is massive to Europe's top leagues, as is the pace and style of play. It's probably equivalent to somewhere like Greece/Spanish second division in all honesty.

Hopefully with Ferreyra having spent some acclimatising time at Shakhtar at a higher level he can adapt a bit quicker but even then to ask him to come in and start banging in goals is a massive ask, just as it is for any striker coming in from a lesser league.