Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Ridiculous to dredge up tweets from 16 year olds, yeah it's stupid but you're holding a kid to way higher standards than should be fairly expected. Hopefully a short apology from him should be enough for this to be forgotten. Friend of a friend is his neighbour and he is apparently a well adjusted young man, friend even brought spare tickets to a game provided by him iirc.

Seemed pretty religious from his tweets a couple years ago? No doubt at that age being raised Catholic might put such a notion in your head.

He's Jamaican, which means he's far more likely to be Protestant.

Most Jamaicans are massively homophobic like.

Ah, fair enough. Just wondering because at that age you usually think whatever someone else has put in your head.

I was raised catholic and I'm about the same age as him and never heard anyone in the church discuss homosexuality. Also I don't think he's even catholic as pons said

Ah, fair enough. Just wondering because at that age you usually think whatever someone else has put in your head.

I was raised catholic and I'm about the same age as him and never heard anyone in the church discuss homosexuality. Also I don't think he's even catholic as pons said

Apologies then - Just my dad's family were Irish Catholic and I knew they'd had quite a few issues with it. Was too broad a statement on my part tbh.

Apologies then - Just my dad's family were Irish Catholic and I knew they'd had quite a few issues with it. Was too broad a statement on my part tbh.

No need to apologise like, I don't really care. Can see how it would have an issue years ago :thup:

Think it's a bit ridiculous stuff like this getting brought up from when he was a kid like. It's a stupid comment to make, obviously. However, if you were to take it seriously you'd have to question his upbringing or faith or whatever has made him arrive at that statement. Teenagers spout stupid shit all the time, because their young, impressionable and naive. How pathetic pulling out this 6 years later...

Think it's a bit ridiculous stuff like this getting brought up from when he was a kid like. It's a stupid comment to make, obviously. However, if you were to take it seriously you'd have to question his upbringing or faith or whatever has made him arrive at that statement. Teenagers spout stupid s*** all the time, because their young, impressionable and naive. How pathetic pulling out this 6 years later...

Teenagers shouldn't have kids to be honest, and it should never be used as an excuse.

Are you saying homophibia is not a thing in religious circles? Just cause you weren't raised with them doesn't mean it's not a widespread problem within religious circles.

Not saying that that's why he said that, but I don't think it even matters much what a 16 year old says tbh.

There's plenty of things that offend people in life. Mainly if it relates to sex/religion/race which is obviously understandable.

Seemingly though being prejudiced and saying hateful things is still acceptable though,and people still put it out on here.

Are you saying homophibia is not a thing in religious circles? Just cause you weren't raised with them doesn't mean it's not a widespread problem within religious circles.

Not saying that that's why he said that, but I don't think it even matters much what a 16 year old says tbh.

Not in my experience in the past twenty years or so, no. Before that, it would have been an issue I presume. Not sure about other religions or catholicism in less developed countries mind

Not in my experience in the past twenty years or so, no. Before that, it would have been an issue I presume. Not sure about other religions or catholicism in less developed countries mind

Like I said, surely you know that there is rampant homophobia in certain religious circles? Not that I think it's even relevant in this case like.

Like I said, surely you know that there is rampant homophobia in certain religious circles? Not that I think it's even relevant in this case like.

I never said it wasn't rampant in certain circles? Just not in the catholic church in Ireland and the UK over the past twenty years or so

Think it's a bit ridiculous stuff like this getting brought up from when he was a kid like. It's a stupid comment to make, obviously. However, if you were to take it seriously you'd have to question his upbringing or faith or whatever has made him arrive at that statement. Teenagers spout stupid s*** all the time, because their young, impressionable and naive. How pathetic pulling out this 6 years later...

Teenagers shouldn't have kids to be honest, and it should never be used as an excuse.

What? Where did I even say that?

There's plenty of things that offend people in life. Mainly if it relates to sex/religion/race which is obviously understandable.

Seemingly though being prejudiced and saying hateful things is still acceptable though,and people still put it out on here.

aye and it's ridiculous

just show 'em this and fuck off

[/spolier]

What? Where did I even say that?

:lol:

I found that comment bizarre too but assumed it was a joke I didn't understand...

aye and it's ridiculous

just show 'em this and fuck off

[/spolier]

??

Yeah, agree with the comic. Dont agree when people spout shit that others can and cant do say etc, but use hurtful language in other aspects. (In almost contradictions or hypocritical ways)

Don't think it's right to go back to when kids are 15/16 to get stuff like this. Andre Gray's is different as he was 20/21 at the time

And even then people can change - which is what progression is meant ton be about. Disco's bang on though, there really should be someone involved with the club's image going through this and getting it sorted. As much as I think it's ridiculous I don't know how anyone get's 'caught' when they can freely delete their tweet history.

It’s stupid but it’s not particularly offensive.

It's offensive like.

He should get s*** for this, doesn't matter how old he was at the time he shouldn't be spouting crap like this

Name me a person who hasn't done something stupid as a teenager?

It's completely wrong and I hope he's learnt but I doubt there is someone here who hasn't said something stupid during their teenage years.

It’s stupid but it’s not particularly offensive.

It's offensive like.

He should get s*** for this, doesn't matter how old he was at the time he shouldn't be spouting crap like this

Name me a person who hasn't done something stupid as a teenager?

It's completely wrong and I hope he's learnt but I doubt there is someone here who isn't said something stupid during their teenage years.

:thup:

I said a daft thing last week and I'm 29. I'm certainly not going to give a 16 year old grief.

People learn when they get older but even as adults we do and say stupid things.

• 4 weeks later...