Rolando Aarons

Chapo

You have to question why so many Newcastle players seem to fall foul of injury...its like a temporary hospital ward. The last time I remember this happening was years ago and we rarely had players injured with hamstrings and similar injuries under KK & SBR.

The poor standard of management and coaching staff HAS to be a factor in all this and with out threadbare squad, this is going to end up costing the club big-time. We have lost arguably the 2 most dangerous attacking players in de Jong and now Aarons as well as HBA being despatched without a return ticket to Hull.

Add in the fact that Spurs are now a takeover target and you can see that we as a club are going nowhere fast.

Happy days - hopefully, the silver lining in all this will be another couple of bad days at the office and Pardew's departure being accelerated rapidly.

• 1 month later...

according to Steve Taylor the preaching of statistics to players is a prominent component of Pardoo's weekly preparation, so some time spent away from Pardoo's football & training ethos is a good thing for the kid. Mike Williamson may disagree but it's got to be a toxic teaching/learning environment for any player with actual football ability. Pardoo strips for fun & excitement out of the game for a 'green' and raw kid with stars in their eyes, with enthusiasm to match. Even worse when they have alot of ability.

If Pardoo is going nowhere I'd prefer to see the lad sold, and placed under the wing of a manager who respects youth development. I hope his parents have a similar agenda. Don't want to see this kid become the next Bigi - started with a burst,but ultimately not trusted. Let's face it he's not going to learn the finer points of running the channels on the break, working the one-two around the box etc, and other fundamentals which would take the kid's game to the next level.

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on if he was injured or just not able to go the full match? 

I assume he got taken off because he's starting against Liverpool

I assumed he got taken off because Pardew didn't what to win the game, and took him off because he was providing to much threat.

I think you can tell when a young player has "it", some take a little time to show it and go on to have great careers. Others you see it from day one, I remember Gazza when he first got called up into the senior squad, you could tell this guy was something special. Not saying Aarons will become anywhere near the player Gazza was, but I can't think of another player since Gazza that has burst on to the scene the way this kid has at this club. He's got to keep his feet firmly on the ground and make sensible career choices, and I see that as his biggest risk, hopefully he's got a good family around him and is being well advise, because I truly believe this guy's got a chance. We need to lock him down to a long term contract asap, if they can do that with Dummett ffs they can do it with this guy.

I think you can tell when a young player has "it", some take a little time to show it and go on to have great careers. Others you see it from day one, I remember Gazza when he first got called up into the senior squad, you could tell this guy was something special. Not saying Aarons will become anywhere near the player Gazza was, but I can't think of another player since Gazza that has burst on to the scene the way this kid has at this club. He's got to keep his feet firmly on the ground and make sensible career choices, and I see that as his biggest risk, hopefully he's got a good family around him and is being well advise, because I truly believe this guy's got a chance. We need to lock him down to a long term contract asap, if they can do that with Dummett ffs they can do it with this guy.

he's had a similar start to n'zogbia no?

he's had a similar start to n'zogbia no?

I think Zog was a less impactful than Aarons is and he was a kid we bought from another club, rather than one that came through our system. I know Aarons was at Bristol City before us but he was still part of our youth system after Bristol  let him go, we were part of his youth development.

By impactful (which is clearly not even a word) I mean when Aarons is brought on or starts, he seems to change games, seems to have a big impact on the game. Zog didn't have that when he started out with us, it was more of complementing the good team around him and fitting in well, until we replaced him with Damien fucking Duff of course :)

Still early days with Rolando I know, but he clearly has it in him to be a real star if he wants it enough, tonnes of talent there.

Any word on if he was injured or just not able to go the full match? 

I assume he got taken off because he's starting against Liverpool

He was limping a little just before half-time, hopefully just a precaution to take him off.

We've got a good crop of young uns coming through and this guy is no doubt top of the pile.  Problem is I don't think our manager and coaches have the first idea of what to do with them from here to take them to the next level.  Correctly managed and coached, Aarons in particular could go on to be a very important and influencial player for us (in the same way Barkley has become at Everton under Martinez) but my fear is that he won't push on much under this lot and we'll end up selling him to a Championship club for £3m after a couple of seasons or loaning him out because he doesn't track back enough.

Now, more than ever, I'd love for this set of shambolic cunts to prove me wrong.

He was running around on the pitch at full time, wouldn't be surprised if 45 mins for him and Sammy was always the plan with it being his first game back. Easier for him to do first 45 as well rather than second in case it went to extra time.