Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Really hope we don't get funny ideas about him becoming a LB to save on sorting that role out in the future. He shouldn't even be a back up LB.

Money saving expert will have that down, Ashley will be loving it.

When fit and firing he's the best winger at the club by a mile and should be starting ahead of Townsend on the left flank. Sissoko should be moved to the centre too,  it still baffles me why McClaren think he's a winger. Pardew-like.

Basing this opinion on Aarons upon what? He looked semi decent in 2 cameo appearances last year and hasn't played.  since

Considering he isn't a left back, he did pretty well yesterday - but again caused us a few issues with his defending (not necessarily his fault because he simply should not be playing there).

Watching him win headers yesterday was pretty amusing, especially one against Anichibe :lol: just shows how pathetic West Brom were.

Aarons is a player who has been hyped up massively after a handful of good (some excellent) performances, he has shown in a lot of his other games that he has a lot to learn and has a lot of improvement needed. A good option from the bench, still think if we had decent depth he'd benefit from being loaned to the likes of Brighton or Derby for a season to gain experience in a competitive league.

Loves a foul.  Doesn't seem as quick as I thought.  Did well under the circumstances, albeit against a team that didn't attack.  I thought he was going to be a train wreck, like he was at Everton.  So I was pleasantly surprised.  Fair play to the lad.

Yeah seems to have lost a yard of pace since his injuries. Hope he doesn't end up going the same way as Ferguson.

His agent must be pulling his hair out considering the deal he could have got post Man City goal compared to now.

Really hope we don't get funny ideas about him becoming a LB to save on sorting that role out in the future. He shouldn't even be a back up LB.

Money saving expert will have that down, Ashley will be loving it.

When fit and firing he's the best winger at the club by a mile and should be starting ahead of Townsend on the left flank. Sissoko should be moved to the centre too,  it still baffles me why McClaren think he's a winger. Pardew-like.

Basing this opinion on Aarons upon what? He looked semi decent in 2 cameo appearances last year and hasn't played.  since

Semi-decent? You must be kidding, he ripped it up in the previous pre-season and was our best player in the 3-3 against Palace despite being on the pitch for about 15 minutes (scoring and assisting). Against Man City he scored and played fantastic. Had his injury problems, played this pre-season and was our best player again, in fact he was the only bright spot of the entire period, but again unfortunately got injured.

I'm basing my opinion based on all the games he has played so far - admittedly there hasn't been many - but if you think he's only been semi-decent I'm sure we've been watching different games. :thup:

Liked his geeing up of the crowd after shepherding the ball out for a goal kick :lol:

Got to say I loved that. I was at the other end of the ground but everyone looked absolutely buzzing near where he was.

Thought he started quite poorly and nervously the other day but grew into it and was really solid and composed thereafter. One block in the second half in particular was vital. It's a good sign if he's adapted to a position that's alien to him this quickly, hopefully he'll be in the mix for the wing positions going forward.

Lost a yard of pace, the f***? He was the fastest thing on that pitch by a mile man.

A lot faster than WBA's team of cloggers.  But he didn't look that fast going down the line and certainly not as quick as I remembered.  Not sure if he was just low on confidence or what.  But I thought there were a few instances where he had loads of space out wide to run into and he seemed a bit laboured, considering.

Lost a yard of pace, the f***? He was the fastest thing on that pitch by a mile man.

A lot faster than WBA's team of cloggers.  But he didn't look that fast going down the line and certainly not as quick as I remembered.  Not sure if he was just low on confidence or what.  But I thought there were a few instances where he had loads of space out wide to run into and he seemed a bit laboured, considering.

Don't agree. When he got going he looked rapid as fuck, faster than Townsend by a mile for example.

Yea I thought the same. Whether it was a lack of fitness or instruction not to commit forward too far I'm not sure.

Yea I thought the same. Whether it was a lack of fitness or instruction not to commit forward too far I'm not sure.

Can't get over this tbh. Over 5-10 yards he was the fastest thing on the pitch like.

Don't agree. When he got going he looked rapid as f***, faster than Townsend by a mile for example.

Didn't think he looked faster than Townsend at all.  Thought he looked miles off the pace at Everton and all.  I don't think he looked slow per se.  Just not as fast as I remember.

I thought he played well.

Don't agree. When he got going he looked rapid as f***, faster than Townsend by a mile for example.

Didn't think he looked faster than Townsend at all.  Thought he looked miles off the pace at Everton and all.  I don't think he looked slow per se.  Just not as fast as I remember.

I thought he played well.

Just didn't see the same thing like.

Don't agree. When he got going he looked rapid as fuck, faster than Townsend by a mile for example.

Bollocks. :lol:

I`m in the process of trying to find a reliable list of players fastest speed. They did a list for the world cup in 2014. It would be interesting to see who is the fastest in our team out of Aarons, Sissoko, Gini and Townsend.

I also found this from 10 months ago -

Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle) - 22.00mph

Take a bow, Moussa. No player has been recorded travelling at a quicker speed all season than Newcastle's highly-rated midfielder: no wonder he is likely to be in demand among rival clubs this summer.

Data courtesy of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, the Official Player Rating Index of the Barclays Premier League

That's probably with the ball as well for Sissoko, no way he'd be running about without it or backtracking. He's got the rare ability to run top pelt with the ball.

That's largely because the ball is nowhere near his feet when he is running 'with the ball' apart from when he is tapping it off the defenders legs like a Sunday afternoon amateur