Crystal Palace manager

Mick

the give us a wave crowd will be cheering at him for the rest of the season.

People keep banging on about this, when was the last time it happened?

Sheff Wed IIRC

Didn't they 'boo' him once he waved then? or was that another game? or have I made this up? :lol:

Sustained fan pressure would have Pardew out. Has an NUFC manager in recent memory survived it?

Thing is, he's doing exactly what the owner wants him to, so he'll survive it for longer than any other. 

The grief he's already had, combined with his absolute dog s*** approach and s*** record here still only resulted in yet another bull s*** 'end of season review' which probably didn't even happen.  It'll take another relegation battle for it to even be contemplated imo.

Except when he is in the shit he gets worse. We wouldn't pick up points so he wouldn't be doing what the owner wants. Also I think I'd get sick of turning up every week and getting dogs abuse from thousands of people.

Guest Roger Kint

Sheff Wed IIRC

Didn't they 'boo' him once he waved then? or was that another game? or have I made this up? :lol:

They did boo in one game in Schalke i think. There were definite chants for it in the Sociedad game as well, whether other sections booed it is another matter but was very audible singing

They did boo in one game in Schalke i think. There were definite chants for it in the Sociedad game as well, whether other sections booed it is another matter but was very audible singing

:anguish:

I haven't heard/noticed it for a while. Some absolute planks in our support.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2l9pi6d.jpg

This is a graph of the goals scored in all 77 home league games since promotion.

We averaged 2 per game when Pardew arrived (over 10 games).

He's never once achieved that average in his time at the club since the initial few games.

We're currently averaging 0.6.

We can spin it whichever way we like, but the truth of the matter is Pardew is our manager because the majority of our fans don't mind him being here at all. If he was regularly getting the sort of abuse that he did against Cardiff at the back end of last season he wouldn't last a month. He's here because plenty of our wanker fans support him, as simple as that.

We can spin it whichever way we like, but the truth of the matter is Pardew is our manager because the majority of our fans don't mind him being here at all. If he was regularly getting the sort of abuse that he did against Cardiff at the back end of last season he wouldn't last a month. He's here because plenty of our w***** fans support him, as simple as that.

I was at the Man City match and didn't speak to a single person who supports him. The Cardiff game last season showed what the crowd think of him when he couldn't even come out of his dugout. A lot of people just have no confidence in Ashley appointing a decent manager in his place should Pardew leave. For the record I can't stand the bloke and want him gone but I can understand those who are worried about who will come in in his place.

Guest thenorthumbrian

We can spin it whichever way we like, but the truth of the matter is Pardew is our manager because the majority of our fans don't mind him being here at all. If he was regularly getting the sort of abuse that he did against Cardiff at the back end of last season he wouldn't last a month. He's here because plenty of our w***** fans support him, as simple as that.

I was at the Man City match and didn't speak to a single person who supports him. The Cardiff game last season showed what the crowd think of him when he couldn't even come out of his dugout. A lot of people just have no confidence in Ashley appointing a decent manager in his place should Pardew leave. For the record I can't stand the bloke and want him gone but I can understand those who are worried about who will come in in his place.

Thats the point, Ashley is the man who brought Denis Wise and Joe Kinnear to the club, in the later case twice. God only knows who is drinking  in his southern local at the monent.

What's worse than losing regularly, struggling badly to score, giving up trying to win a trophy and consistently failing to entertain the fans? We've shown relegation form for months, how much worse could the next bloke do than Pardew?

Defeated before the fight has even begun.

A hypothetical question now that we've dispatched the mighty Gills. Which scenario would you choose?

A) Pardew wins the League Cup, cementing his place in NUFC history. He sees out the duration of his contract and maybe longer, but we never win anything else with him and nothing changes (same laughable tactics, terrible football, cowardice towards Europe, etc).

B) Pardew is sacked within the next month, but NUFC is guaranteed to be trophy-less for at least the duration of Pardew's current contract. The quality of the next manager is unknown.

If Pardew wins a cup I suppose that will prove all his critics wrong. I think that's fair. But as at this point he hasn't won fuck all then it's just as fair to say he's an incompetent bullshitter.

A hypothetical question now that we've dispatched the mighty Gills. Which scenario would you choose?

A) Pardew wins the League Cup, cementing his place in NUFC history. He sees out the duration of his contract and maybe longer, but we never win anything else with him and nothing changes (same laughable tactics, terrible football, cowardice towards Europe, etc).

B) Pardew is sacked within the next month, but NUFC is guaranteed to be trophy-less for at least the duration of Pardew's current contract. The quality of the next manager is unknown.

Quite comfortably, B. We never won a trophy under Keegan or Robson either, and it never seemed painful.

Guest reefatoon

Getting football back to being remotely entertaining to watch is a big enough step for me. Would just like to enjoy a football game again instead of being bored rigid throughout. If a cup run comes along with that then great. To just have that good mood feeling on a Saturday night when you are downing a few beers after watching a decent game.

It's a difficult question, one that probably rests on the value placed on winning the League Cup. I'd love to see us win anything tbh. But the hope of better things is what keeps us all going, and without that there seems little point.

How the fuck is Alan Pardew's Newcastle going to win a cup man? We struggle to have a shot on target regardless of the opposition. The quality in the squad has diminished greatly, so no amount of arse-licking can save Pardew this season - the smug fucking charlatan wanker

How the fuck is Alan Pardew's Newcastle going to win a cup man? We struggle to have a shot on target regardless of the opposition. The quality in the squad has diminished greatly, so no amount of arse-licking can save Pardew this season - the smug fucking charlatan wanker

If we can win every round 1-0 off an own goal, the trophy would come tinged with that.  We'd be famed for being the worst winners ever. 

Worse than Greece in the Euros.

How the f*** is Alan Pardew's Newcastle going to win a cup man? We struggle to have a shot on target regardless of the opposition. The quality in the squad has diminished greatly, so no amount of arse-licking can save Pardew this season - the smug f***ing charlatan w*****

If we can win every round 1-0 off an own goal, the trophy would come tinged with that.  We'd be famed for being the worst winners ever. 

Worse than Greece in the Euros.

It is a possibility. Personally, can't see us winning another game while the King is here. The new lads' enthusiasm will soon brush off and we'll be in free-fall once again.