Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I hate the 'there's no-one else to appoint' argument that some idiots run. There are loads of realistic appointments we could make.

Hit me with them.

Are you asking me if Ashley would realistically appoint them or if there are better managers who hypothetically might be prepared to come to us if asked? Off the top of my head, I think we could have approached and had discussions with Bielsa (before he went to Marseille), Tuchel, Paco Jemez, Dragan Stojkovic, Zdenek Zemen, Laudrup, De Boer, Ketsbaia, Eddie Howe. I don't see a reason why the above list that I came up with in one minute could not be enlarged with extra thought.

Clearly not all of them would be prepared to work for Ashley but that wasn't what I said.

is there a reason you didn't mention moyes btw?

Forgot about him to be honest. I'd like Moyes here but I suspect his wages would be too high. I think in general, as with English players, better value seems to be found abroad. For example, I think Bilic is only on 600k a year, and the Algerian coach was on 300k or something low.

Think Moyes could be convinced personally, he'll doubtless have a point to prove after his treatment at Manyoo

Are you asking me if Ashley would realistically appoint them or if there are better managers who hypothetically might be prepared to come to us if asked? Off the top of my head, I think we could have approached and had discussions with Bielsa (before he went to Marseille), Tuchel, Paco Jemez, Dragan Stojkovic, Zdenek Zemen, Laudrup, De Boer, Ketsbaia, Eddie Howe. I don't see a reason why the above list that I came up with in one minute could not be enlarged with extra thought.

Clearly not all of them would be prepared to work for Ashley but that wasn't what I said.

Bielsa is not manager for clubs where he must be with players every day. Zeman is far away from Premier League standards, and quality what Newcastle need. Manager for Seria B teams.

You could add to that list Slaven Bilic, the Algerian or Chilean manager.

Bilić is nothing more then average European manager. Vaha would be interesting, but I don't think he will be there long under this transfer policy.

To be honest they were examples of how relatively easy it is to think of alternatives. I am sure people can think of reasons not to appoint all of them. But in reply - not sure what you mean re Bielsa, Bilic did a very good job with Croatia, and Zemen has done enough to clearly be better than Pardew.

I hate the 'there's no-one else to appoint' argument that some idiots run. There are loads of realistic appointments we could make.

Hit me with them.

is there a reason you didn't mention moyes btw?

Forgot about him to be honest. I'd like Moyes here but I suspect his wages would be too high. I think in general, as with English players, better value seems to be found abroad. For example, I think Bilic is only on 600k a year, and the Algerian coach was on 300k or something low.

Think Moyes could be convinced personally, he'll doubtless have a point to prove after his treatment at Manyoo

And he's got experience of working on small budgets too.

I also think its easy to place too much emphasis on Kinnear.  The club was in free fall and I think he was a desperate measure. I don't think there was ever a long term plan for Joe at the club. I know there was all that contract talk but I think that was just Ashley trying to help Kinnear back into work.

To even pick up the phone to Kineear, mind you after KK walked saying he was sick of Ahsley selling his players, I'm not sure who would have taken the job on.

For me, I have zero faith in Ashley going out and picking up a young forward thinking manager or an expierniced old head.  He has the club where he wants it.  Why change it?

Minimal outlay / maintain league status - Pardew delivers this.

I was talking about any future potential appointment Ashley makes.

I'm not saying anything remotely positive about the Kinnear appointment. It was a panicked and terrible decision. I just think the circumstances now are a lot more different to the circumstances that led to the appointment of Kinnear.

Bielsa is not manager for clubs where he must be with players every day. Zeman is far away from Premier League standards, and quality what Newcastle need. Manager for Seria B teams.

You could add to that list Slaven Bilic, the Algerian or Chilean manager.

Bilić is nothing more then average European manager. Vaha would be interesting, but I don't think he will be there long under this transfer policy.

To be honest they were examples of how relatively easy it is to think of alternatives. I am sure people can think of reasons not to appoint all of them. But in reply - not sure what you mean re Bielsa, Bilic did a very good job with Croatia, and Zemen has done enough to clearly be better than Pardew.

I heard Atletic fans that in Bilbao he argue with players, staff etc. He can't work with players every day on long run. Bilić was good in Euro 2008 qualifications and on this tournament and on Euro 2012, everything else was to forget including his season in Lokomotiva and now in Bešiktaš. Vaha is now in Trabzonspor, after few weeks he wanted new players (how many foreign player, which position etc.) and give to club list which players he want to be sold, you think he can do this in Newcastle? :D

This argument ''he is better than Pardew'' is stupid, it is harder to find who is worse than who is better than him.

Ashley doesn't seem to think of the long-term benefits of appointing a good manager and paying the going rate but just thinks of saving the money now.  If he hired a good manager with a history of developing players, he would reap the financial benefits of that.  We bring in good players so if they were developed, we would get bigger fees for them and surely more youngsters would develop - at least to the extent where we could get a reasonable fee for them rather than just releasing them when their contracts are up.

Also if we were playing good football then more people would go to the games as it would become an enjoyable experience again.

Said this before. but what bad could come of making the club sucessful?- the profile of sports direct would rocket- the merchandising opportunities from just a cup final alone, and his likeability that he apparently craves- well we would be building statues of him if he brought us real sucess.

Look at Bielsa's career, you will know what I am talking about

1990–1992 Newell's Old Boys

1992–1994 Atlas

1995–1996 América

1997–1998 Vélez Sársfield

1998 Espanyol

1998–2004 Argentina

2007–2011 Chile

2011–2013 Athletic Bilbao

2014– Marseille

Yes, Bielsa is a raving madman, but he gets his teams playing decent football and he's not afraid to make big decisions. In Bilbao the fans were completely split when he left (I personally thought he was great, I like the fact he didn't take any shit from the primma donnas in the team), it turned out well as Valverde is a great manager to take what Bielsa had started and to refine it slightly.

Would take Ian Dowie cos he talks like a man who is off his face on cowies. 

You see this is why I loved Steve Kean. Sitting in his pants in his office pouring beans into his top drawer and calling it 'the beany'.

:lol:

http://images.planetf1.com/11/12/800x600/Steve-Kean_2689876.jpg