Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest neesy111

I'm sure Carr would have a say in it. Pulis would require a huge overhaul of our squad and would be completely stupid.

I'm not sure he would.

The atmosphere at the stadium, the amount of enjoyment at the football being played at SJP if Pulis is here would be the same as how fat Sam was here. A good start but then it will get nasty.

Would have to ask Palace fans about this ironically enough, but did Pulis really play shit Football after leaving Stoke?  Seemed at the time like he was able to adapt to the different players at a new club and change his style of play.  Though that could just be a popular view from the outside.

The local media know diddly squat as usual.

Ridiculous that they've scheduled two half-hour live chats where,they'll just repeat variations of "we don't know yet" for every question.

There are also strong suggestions that Pardew himself is keen on the move, which we've not been able to stand up yet.

Journalism of the highest calibre

I'm sure Carr would have a say in it. Pulis would require a huge overhaul of our squad and would be completely stupid.

By all accounts Ashley trusts Carr implicitly. It would be absolute madness not to consult him for ideas on who might be best equppied to get the best out of the players he finds, even if the only reason is to ensure their value increases.

First time opening this thread in months (avoiding it has improved my mood incredibly!), and I am sure this will only end in heartache and disappointment whether in the form of Pardew staying (more smug than ever) or Ashley somehow finding someone even worse to manage the Club.

As long as Ashley is in charge, I fully expect following Newcastle to continue to be the football equivalent of:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/eb46548376e29712ebcc144a3c7a7f34/tumblr_n0g64stTft1rx1h2ho1_400.gif

Back to hide over in Chat for me like.

By all accounts Ashley trusts Carr implicitly. It would be absolute madness not to consult him for ideas on who might be best equppied to get the best out of the players he finds, even if the only reason is to ensure their value increases.

Just like I've always felt that Carr throws out 10 names for a player and Ashley sanctions the ones within a specific price range. I imagine the same is the case with the manager position this time around, a list of managers who Carr "rates" that would help maximize player sale value.

Mark Douglas: Here's what we know: NUFC insist it's business as usual and inside the club the trail is very cold. But in South London, Palace sources are telling people a deal is definitely a possibility.

Business as usual :anguish:

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Local media, who have been banned left right and center for past few years aren't going to get an ounce of a scoop. The club won't comment until its signed & sealed IMO. Like they always do.

First time opening this thread in months (avoiding it has improved my mood incredibly!), and I am sure this will only end in heartache and disappointment whether in the form of Pardew staying (more smug than ever) or Ashley somehow finding someone even worse to manage the Club.

As long as Ashley is in charge, I fully expect following Newcastle to continue to be the football equivalent of:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/eb46548376e29712ebcc144a3c7a7f34/tumblr_n0g64stTft1rx1h2ho1_400.gif

Back to hide over in Chat for me like.

Not even possible.

Is it wrong that I'm starting to feel more negatively about this happening? The compensation talks fill me with fear.

If you told Ashley after the Stoke game that he could lose Pardew for free, he'd have gone. Now, though, he'll see that as a defeat.

Is it wrong that I'm starting to feel more negatively about this happening? The compensation talks fill me with fear.

If you told Ashley after the Stoke game that he could lose Pardew for free, he'd have gone. Now, though, he'll see that as a defeat.

Perhaps, but surely there has to be a compromise in the end?  Pardew has told him he wants to go, acted like a cock (again) but this time to Ashley himself.  Ashley can turn this move down if Palace don't meet the full contract buyout.  But then what next?, he keeps a manager who's taken his loyalty and spat it back at him?  Certainly wouldn't want to then sack him and effectively pay him to go to Palace and I can't see him wanting to pay him to do nothing while bringing in someone to replace him either.

???

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas  5m5 minutes ago

Whatever happens from here feels distinctly like Pardew & #nufc is entering end game. More on Chronicle Live shortly.

Yes, the team sit a respectable 9th, won yesterday, 2 pts behind media darlings Swansea and and will in all likelihood beat Burnley at St James's the next day

"end game", indeed. "end game" my hole

Your schtick is yesterday's news.