Crystal Palace manager

Mick

If Dyche keeps Burnley up he should get Manager of the Year

Seconded, there really should be no contest there. Burnley are a mid table Championship squad at best - spent next to nothing on transfers AND they try and play a decent brand of football.

Dyche for me like.

If Dyche keeps Burnley up he should get Manager of the Year

Seconded, there really should be no contest there. Burnley are a mid table Championship squad at best - spent next to nothing on transfers AND they try and play a decent brand of football.

Dyche for me like.

Massive IF. If they can do it i'll agree but it's unlikely imo. So far it's Koeman.

Koeman or Mourinho IMO.

Although I do agree that only bias would lead you to believe he's not done a good job with Palace so far - which will attract praise for him from the media. It doesn't change who he is/was as a manager, but you'd have to be glutton for punishment to continue following him waiting for his demise with the squad he's inherited at Palace. It's a great squad for this shit league.

Wouldn't be surprised if the big fall never comes because this season (and in all likeliness spells of next season) will become his new "fifth", which he and his old boy media mates will always judge his tenure at Palace by, ignoring all else... he's not Carver levels of bad, he never has been, but he's certainly a) not a top manager capable of building an attack or a decent defence b) a much bigger bastard than lots of managers who are poorer than him [ie. the Carvers and Warnocks of this world]

...just be glad the snake in sheep's clothing isn't at your club. The paucity in good managers and honest mainstream punditry is such that, for me, it's really not worth your time following his career any further - you're just hurting yourself. Football's all fucked tbf, not much worth following any part of it tbh :lol:

I can't get over Pardew, like. I know that's very weak but he's had such an impact that I can't bare any praise he receives or success he has. You'd think he won't win manager of the year... but if this football world is one where he wins that award, it's a football world I don't want to be a part of. I'm on the precipice as it is.

It really sunk in for me last week, when I was hanging out with a couple of friends I hadn't seen for nearly two years. Back then, I used to absolutely lead the football discussion... I could barely even contribute last week. It really showed me the reality of my own situation when it comes to football.

Yeah, it's generally just:

Me: *trying not to mention Newcastle*

Them: "So Newcastle eh?"

Me: "yeaaah" *nervous laugh*

Them: *raised eyebrow, mild laugh*

Me: *shake of head*

Them: "Pardew has started well at Palace, you should have kept him"

Me: "How about I punch your wee brother"

ad naseum

ad naseum

:lol:

Palace are the type of side, if given a 5 year run in the top division could turn into a really decent PL club.

There's a number of decent Palace youth players knocking around the division. Routledge, Moses & Clyne off the top of my head. one of the best catchment areas in the UK for talent.

Koeman or Mourinho IMO.

Although I do agree that only bias would lead you to believe he's not done a good job with Palace so far - which will attract praise for him from the media. It doesn't change who he is/was as a manager, but you'd have to be glutton for punishment to continue following him waiting for his demise with the squad he's inherited at Palace. It's a great squad for this shit league.

Wouldn't be surprised if the big fall never comes because this season (and in all likeliness spells of next season) will become his new "fifth", which he and his old boy media mates will always judge his tenure at Palace by, ignoring all else... he's not Carver levels of bad, he never has been, but he's certainly a) not a top manager capable of building an attack or a decent defence b) a much bigger bastard than lots of managers who are poorer than him [ie. the Carvers and Warnocks of this world]

...just be glad the snake in sheep's clothing isn't at your club. The paucity in good managers and honest mainstream punditry is such that, for me, it's really not worth your time following his career any further - you're just hurting yourself. Football's all fucked tbf, not much worth following any part of it tbh :lol:

If he keeps this up for a couple of seasons I'd believe he's done a good job, so far its nothing more than the new manager bounce IMO.

Also if this is the Palace version of our fifth place finish then he'll have them relegated next season.

ad naseum

:lol: People just don't get it. The lad I mentioned used to listen to me, whilst at uni, harp on and on and on about everything football - so I'd have hoped he would at least sympathise. But nah, not really. I simply can't stomach any chat about him that doesn't acknowledge how bad he was.

The least offensive comment I get, typically, is: "I don't understand why you dislike him so much." At least that statement invites me to objectively explain. But even on the rare occasions when I can be bothered to articulate my hatred, at some point during the rant I still have to swallow my pride and acknowledge the 5th place - as if that achievement counters his innumerable misdemeanors - just so they'll listen to me.

As for the rest of football, I simply don't watch it so have no comment to make. It's sickening, I do feel like I've lost something. Genuinely care more about my FM career.

This lad supports West Brom and said they could do without being in Europe. He's a big fan, n'all - former ST holder, etc. Just what the fuck, man? What aren't I seeing about the modern game?

He wasn't that bad though was he?

One great season. One terrible season. 2 okay seasons on position. Poor cup runs. Poor derby record.

Under most owners he would've been sacked on 2 occasions due to a drop in performances. But in fairness each time after surviving, he went on a decent run.

Alan Pardew is the type of manager whose team can solidly beat Man United at home, win comfortably at OT... and just get brutalised on the other 5 occasions.

One great season. One terrible season. 2 okay seasons on position. Poor cup runs. Poor derby record.

Under most owners he would've been sacked on 2 occasions due to a drop in performances. But in fairness each time after surviving, he went on a decent run.

Alan Pardew is the type of manager whose team can solidly beat Man United at home, win comfortably at OT... and just get brutalised on the other 5 occasions.

And get trounced by Man City every time we play them, if we're cherry picking.

He was mint mate. Particular highlights were him nearly getting us relegated and his unprecedented 6 game losing streak.

Guest Spark

I assume you don't bother watching the matches and just look at the table at the end of the season?

Gah, was rubbing me hands when I saw you'd replied. Was expecting more.  :mou:

I assume you don't bother watching the matches and just look at the table at the end of the season?

And even then his last 2 placings have been 10th and 16th. One below par, the other absolutely disgusting.

Gah, was rubbing me hands when I saw you'd replied. Was expecting more.  :mou:

:lol: Soz.

When I think of Pardew's shitness, it's not even the shit football that immediately springs to mind.

Exhibit fucking A:

Gutierrez explained: “I returned mid-November and at the beginning to mid-December the manager said I should find myself another club, that it was best... er, I understand a lot of things about football that, well, that for the directors it is a business, no?