Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest neesy111

Palace need to be well organised to stay up, we all know pardew can do this for 3-4 games (with some magic) then it all falls to pieces.

Scottwilsonecho: Alan Pardew not doing post-match press stuff here at SJP. Interesting given the strengthening rumours about the Palace job. #NUFC

This is where it started. Neesy a shoe-in for post of the year AGAIN!

:thup: Agreed

I can remember my first reaction to the tweet being "aye, whatever" :lol:

Didn't the c*** say in the summer when Palace were after him that he had higher ambitions than Palace or something like that?

Of course he did.

“My romantic vision is to aim a bit higher than that.

“I am not being disrespectful to Palace as it is still a club which is close to my heart.

“As a club, Palace are trying to grow.

“One year in is not growing, you need that second and third year as Hull have done.

“You look at them and they look like an established Premier League side.”

Didn't the c*** say in the summer when Palace were after him that he had higher ambitions than Palace or something like that?

Of course he did.

“My romantic vision is to aim a bit higher than that.

“I am not being disrespectful to Palace as it is still a club which is close to my heart.

“As a club, Palace are trying to grow.

“One year in is not growing, you need that second and third year as Hull have done.

“You look at them and they look like an established Premier League side.”

Just watched his palace interview. Sounds like he has no real emotional attachment to Palace at all. I think the pressure

From the fans got to him too much and this was his escape route.

I hope he keeps them up, then has no excuses when he takes them down the season after. You just know he'll hide behind the half a season thing and live off that. A full season and a summer window to himself and he'll rip the guts out the club. 

Guest neesy111

Mark__Bright: When he joined @CPFC in 1989 for £7,500 from Yeovil Town, he was great value for money then, no doubt he will be again. Welcome back, Pards.

:mackems:

He'll keep them up with the new manager bounce imo. It's next season that they'll start to realise what he's like.

As I said yesterday, the bounce we had when he joined us wasn't all that impressive. Particularly if you take out the Liverpool win that our players dedicated to Hughton.

Easy escape route for the egotist.

- I'll likely get the sack staying here and look daft

- be less hassle to go there

- people will think I'm great there on sentiment and not on merit.

- I'll make it look like I'm being principled by defying mike now without fear of retribution.

Coward.

I hope he keeps them up, then has no excuses when he takes them down the season after. You just know he'll hide behind the half a season thing and live off that. A full season and a summer window to himself and he'll rip the guts out the club. 

It would be even more funny if he went down this season to never get them back up, or to get them on the brink of relegation to League 1 football.

Anyway, glad it's finally confirmed. Can only hope his replacement is any good, but having any hope at all is a 100% improvement on how I felt about the club this time last week. :thup:

Exactly Dave, at least we've got some hope back.