Crystal Palace manager

Mick

The man banged on about doing the job with dignity, but turned out to be the least dignified manager of the club I can remember.

That's part of the cloud that's lifted for me today. Apart from the obvious good coaching skills, one of the things I'm looking forward to in the new man is someone who can represent us again with a bit of dignity, honesty and respect.

:thup:

Yep, that's absolutely it. I've not seen much of us this season and had started to forget his tactical foibles. For me it simply became the fact he was there, smearing the club with every appearance and utterance.

Delighted with this but the club's propagandist statement does not bode well for the future. Couldn't stand hating him for any longer so he had to go but their statement strongly points towards Pardew mk2 being appointed next. Again it makes no sense to me as getting a decent coach would be beneficial to all and let Carr's picks be flipped for better margins.

I'm surprised to hear that Alan didn't think about a career in management during his playing days considering the fact that he managed a Sunday league side during said playing days.

I will not miss his press conferences.  Every response, bookmarked by persistent forced "erring", is so obviously too thought through and perceived (in his head, at least) to be the "best" answer. And yet, it is so transparent and all too obviously false.  I'm sure many a fool will give him praise for "constantly saying the right things."

Liked the part where he was calling palace 'we' but when mentioning their losses this season calling palace 'you'

Anyway that's the first and last time I'll sit through a Pardew interview this year and no doubt forever. Feels good man, feels good.

Watched his interview. "We aren't going to switch to a more expansive style of football"

No s*** Alan

Aye, that was the least surprising part of the interview.

It was the most surprising for me like. I was expecting him to spout all his s*** about front foot football

My god could he sound any less enthusiastic. He knows this is not the move he planned next and it's plain to see in his interview. In his deluded mind he no doubt expected to leave Newcastle for a top 4 club or the England job but instead has ended up at Palace. Can't wait to see how this all unfolds . :)

Don't waste your energy getting your hopes up.

And this is where Wullie tried to kill everyone's hope.  :aww:

:D

Still can't quite believe it. I'd completely given up hope of seeing NUFC without him for years to come.

:D

Still can't quite believe it. I'd completely given up hope of seeing NUFC without him for years to come.

I'd virtually given up on him going but always hoped that something would change, I didn't expect a club to actually pay to take him off our hands.

Delighted with this but the club's propagandist statement does not bode well for the future. Couldn't stand hating him for any longer so he had to go but their statement strongly points towards Pardew mk2 being appointed next. Again it makes no sense to me as getting a decent coach would be beneficial to all and let Carr's picks be flipped for better margins.

The problem with getting a good coach is that he might do too good a job, have us in Europe and then we can't do the "he wanted CL football" "sovereign states" as we sell another player mid-season

Much better for us to hover around mid-table and just rake in the TV money