Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Love that Palace forum

" Now if , as suggested, Super Al is the man to get Palace winning with four goals one week, then losing and conceding six the following match, that'll do for me. Exactly half the available points for the rest of the season. Could even mean Europe! "

and they say we're delusional

From the Palace forum (sorry, it's too tempting)

"I think there's a good chance that Newcastle will soon be part of the relegation battle. They are not strengtheneing in January, and if Ashton runs true to form, they might cash in on their best players"

ASHTON OUT! :lol:

Ashton :lol:

http://s17.postimg.org/lhmfx3hgv/oie_SX4tc517ff_EC.jpg

Love that Palace forum

" Now if , as suggested, Super Al is the man to get Palace winning with four goals one week, then losing and conceding six the following match, that'll do for me. Exactly half the available points for the rest of the season. Could even mean Europe! "

and they say we're delusional

People :lol: :lol:

I still can't believe this has happened.  What a great, late Christmas present.  Although TBH, I don't feel as happy as I thought I would.  I think I feel that worn down by it all, that it may take some time to fall back in love with the club again. It doesn't help that I fully expect Carver to get the job on a short term and possibly long term basis.  If not, I don't trust Ashley/Charnley to appoint a decent manager anyway and the fact we treat cup competitions with utter disdain doesn't help matters.  As every season, by January, we'll have fuck all to play for, save for being in a relegation battle. 

Still, Pardew gone.  It's certainly great news and a fantastic way to start 2015!

After the initial joy and dancing round like I kid I feel like I'm slowly plummeting back to earth, I'm tentatively waiting on the next appointment before I feel I can relax as there's always the worry the next guy will be another Pardy line, hoop licking yes man coming out of retirement to breed further mediocrity.

I hate Pardew, irrationally, for what he's done, I rue the day I gave him the benefit of the doubt, he should never have had the chance here. He's ruined the club, not just on the playing side of things but with the harmony between fans, driven a wedge down the middle and caused a lot of infighting.

We need a good manager to come in and prove what a charlatan he was, to put paid to the arguments and reunite not just a team but an entire club/fanbase.

I just wish Sunderland were the ones that came in for him and he dragged them down into obscurity, but I'll settle for Palace disappearing off the map under his tenure.

Can't wait for that moment, whenever it might be, when he drops Bolasie for Glenn Murray on the right and their fans begin to realise he's completely and utter tactictard.

The forum arguments over the merits of doing so and the slow but eventually unified opinion that he's inexcusable.

Honestly, when I think back to the few months grace I gave him in 2012 before there was no way to excuse it anymore. :lol:

I kind of feel like I'm in therapy for it, I should want this thread to die and to forget about him, but I hate him so much, I'm so bitter over it and I desperately want him to fail and for his entire life to fall apart. Is that bad? :lol:

Bad? It's fair! I feel exactly the same. The bloke seems to have pulled the wool over EVERYBODY'S eyes other than the fans who've watched his s**** week in, week out.

There have been times when I've questioned my own sanity because of this tosser.

:lol: same, its been a horrific experience feel like im suffering PTSD.

I'm gone the other way. Felt like the world lifted off my shoulders the day he went. I don't really give a fuck what he gets up to now, I'm just glad it won't be here. The world seemed brighter, beer tasted better etc.

I despise the legions of mongs defending him more than the man himself. The 'well yes the football was shite, but what you Newcastle fans don't understand is that that's your place now and it's completely unreasonable to wish for anything better. Poor Pardew' brigade. I had to justify myself to a Chelsea fan yesterday. Fucking Chelsea man- the biggest frauds in English football. The club whose fans had a hissy fit and turned on Scolari by October because he had gone 5 games without a win or something.

And I can tell you now the same ones defending by criticising Ashley now, will be the same ones that normally spend all their time sticking up for Ashley, using the 'fans expectations' argument.

Funnily enough, of the managers I've really hated down the years, Souness has sort of dropped down the table. I don't mind seeing him on tv any more and I think that's down to Pardew eclipsing him for pure cuntishness by a long way. The only two managers I still hold an unhealthy resentment towards are Allardyce and Pardew, for their horrible football and appalling personalities.

"I think there's a good chance that Newcastle will soon be part of the relegation battle. They are not strengtheneing in January, and if Ashton runs true to form, they might cash in on their best players"

Ashton :???:

other than that they could be right

Ashton :lol:

http://s17.postimg.org/lhmfx3hgv/oie_SX4tc517ff_EC.jpg

:lol:

Isn't that Jayshun's point though? We had initial 'success' playing gouffran wide, but once it stopped working pardew had no idea what to do.

I agree with the sentiment of the post, its the same as what we all think - pardew will start well but will then systematically kill the club, breaking record after record on the way

Yup that's my point. Initially we were being exposed out the flanks. We also lacked the hard runners to get the ball out of our half and to our attackers during counter-attacks. Having Gouffran and to some extent Sissoko on the wing solved these problems, they provided the hard running. It gave us some results.

Pardew failed to realise that this 'solution', solved our problems, but there were much better ways to use Sissoko and Gouffran. Once Sissoko and Gouffran started hitting brick walls, he didn't know what to do.

He's an auditor not a mastermind. A coach knows how to solve a problem, a tactician has the higher-level view on how to create a system. Pardew possesses the former capability and not the latter.

You just watch, he'll do well at Palace this season, after that they're pretty screwed.