Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Darren Gough on talksport said tonight "Newcastle fans need to make their minds up about who they want out Pardew or Ashley because both have done good jobs" its the first time in months I've shouted at the radio in sheer frustration

I wouldn't wish to generalise too much and group all pundits together, but there an awful lot of very stupid people who get to be pundits.  Sometimes you watch them on a panel and wonder if you could count on one hand the brain cells they have to rub together.  The intelligent ones are very few and far between.  Usually with most of the pundits it seems like they're recruited to be entertaining and cause debate with daft opinions.

I was actually amazed that in a football sense at least Soccer Saturday kind of turned on him.  They stopped short of saying he's a poor manager or anything like that, but they laid into the stats and our poor record this year.  There was also a general consensus that this position could not be recovered, his position was untenable and basically he should really be sacked for the good of everyone at the club, himself included.  I thought they'd be the last ones to admit to anything like that really.

Even at this early stage it's hard to pick out the 3 teams we need to finish above. Burnley look technically poor but at least they're a unit and the graft will see them pick up a few points at home. That said if we had Burnley at the weekend I'd expect to lose. QPR don't look great but could spend in January, Leicester look fairly good and have a goalscorer, Palace have already had a few decent results too. Sunderland look poor but they'll take 6 points from us yet again this season, WBA started poorly but have won 3 in a row and we're already playing catch-up. 

It's looking really, really ominous for us and I don't understand why he's still here. Three points out of 18 and we've only played one of the top teams in City. You can write off Arsenal x2, Man U x2, Chelsea x2, Liverpool x2, Everton x2, Spurs x2 as well as City x1. That leaves another 20 other games to get another 37 points just to stay up.

We're fucked. Proper fucked.

Even at this early stage it's hard to pick out the 3 teams we need to finish above. Burnley look technically poor but at least they're a unit and the graft will see them pick up a few points at home. That said if we had Burnley at the weekend I'd expect to lose. QPR don't look great but could spend in January, Leicester look fairly good and have a goalscorer, Palace have already had a few decent results too. Sunderland look poor but they'll take 6 points from us yet again this season, WBA started poorly but have won 3 in a row and we're already playing catch-up. 

It's looking really, really ominous for us and I don't understand why he's still here. Three points out of 18 and we've only played one of the top teams in City. You can write off Arsenal x2, Man U x2, Chelsea x2, Liverpool x2, Everton x2, Spurs x2 as well as City x1. That leaves another 20 other games to get another 37 points just to stay up.

Im not even sure we can bounce straight back as easy as last time either.

We're f***ed. Proper f***ed.

I did a full league predictor earlier today and had us on 33 points.  Miraculously we stayed up, but we were in the relegation zone all season till the last few games and I doubt in reality 33 points is enough.  We'd need those and to get a few good shock wins, which I don't see how we'll ever get.  When I see a game with Liverpool I just see a game where I wonder how many we'll lose by.  People like Pardew just make football a painful experience for fans.  He's everything that's wrong with the game in England.

Even with a new manager?

If Pardew is still here at christmas, we're down. that simple

Last season Sunderland had 13 points on the board on Boxing Day and needed a miracle to stay up. I honestly can't see where the next win is coming from, we'll grind a few draws out but actually beating someone seems highly unlikely atm. The fixtures after Burnley at the start of December are automatic losses so unless we can win 4 of the next 6 or something daft like that then we'll be in a worse position than the mackems were last year.  :lol:

If Pardew is still here at christmas, we're down. that simple

Every time I've worried about relegation I've always thought we had enough to get clear of it, apart from when we actually went down.  I knew in the pit of my stomach that nothing at the club was right.  It just felt like a relegation season I'd seen before at so many teams that have gone down.  I feel that exact way right now.  So much is rotten at the club.  The manager is a coward, who couldn't organise himself well enough to put the right amount of sugar in his tea.  Along with that, we have major weaknesses in the team.  We don't score goals and we let them in for fun.  Sooner or later that turns from a decent number of 1-0 wins and 4-0 losses to every game being a 2-1 loss instead.  That's what's happening for the most part this season.  We never look like solidly winning a game.

Ingredients for a relegation season:

1) Owner who riles up the fans and is ignorant to their needs

2) Manager who very rarely picks the right team, or gets the right tactics

3) Players who look like they know relegation means they'll actually get the move they want, so are not even trying

4) Strikers who don't score goals

5) Midfielders who don't create chances

6) Midfielders who leave the defence exposed

7) Defenders who don't communicate and make idiotic errors

8) Lack of any real team captain/leader

We have all those flaws and then some.  It'll take a miracle to sort it all out and we might even go down with a new manager if something isn't done soon.  We'll need to actually appoint someone good to get it fully worked out.  Moyes would get it sorted out in time, if he'd ever come here.  Not sure who else could sort this ramshackle bunch of misfits into a plausible team, but anyone could do better than "We lack someone to run past people because I loaned out Ben Arfa" Pardew.

I think Burnley are the one guaranteed place. They've scored one goal all season, cups included. Their forwards are Marvin Sordell & Ashley Barnes. Togetherness or no, they're gone. The other two relegation spots are anybody's, within reason.

I think Burnley are the one guaranteed place. They've scored one goal all season, cups included. Their forwards are Marvin Sordell & Ashley Barnes. Togetherness or no, they're gone. The other two relegation spots are anybody's, within reason.

Aye, I think they'll go but I'm not convinced we, under this fucking clownshoe cunt, could finish above them. The rot's well and truly set in and it'll take months, maybe years, to get things back to what they 'should' be imo.

Guest Howaythetoon

Brummie and leffe are great posters we are lucky to have you guys on here :thup:

Proper footy fans, even though I like neither of the clubs they support, I wouldn't want them doing awful because I'd feel for these guys. Mind I love Villa Park, my fave away ground. Passed it the other day when working in Wolverhampton, lovely stadium.

Brummie and leffe are great posters we are lucky to have you guys on here :thup:

Proper footy fans, even though I like neither of the clubs they support, I wouldn't want them doing awful because I'd feel for these guys. Mind I love Villa Park, my fave away ground. Passed it the other day when working in Wolverhampton, lovely stadium.

Cheers, love you too :lol:.

At the risk of this becoming a pathetic love-in, though, it's not entirely luck that we're here. This is a cracking fan site, with a nice mix of ages and attitudes. I can only speak for myself, of course...

I still think he will be gone by the weekend he looked wrecked last night and I think we all know if he was offered a deal to go you wouldnt see him for dust

I still think he will be gone by the weekend he looked wrecked last night and I think we all know if he was offered a deal to go you wouldnt see him for dust

You'd see flames off the back of his shoes he'd be gone so quick.  Every interview now there's a subtext of behind his "I won't quit I'm a professional football manager."  Basically he's implying "Pay me off, because I'll ride this till I get my money."

At the risk of this becoming a pathetic love-in, though, it's not entirely luck that we're here. This is a cracking fan site, with a nice mix of ages and attitudes. I can only speak for myself, of course...

fuck off

f*** off

was going to say the same, tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

For me now, this forum is Newcastle United.  f*** the actual club.  f*** the matches.  f*** the staff.  This  forum is the only thing decent about this plague-ridden club.

...well, this forum and the fantastic city the club resides in.

Aye same here, proper love this place and most posters like me.

You'd see flames off the back of his shoes he'd be gone so quick.  Every interview now there's a subtext of behind his "I won't quit I'm a professional football manager."  Basically he's implying "Pay me off, because I'll ride this till I get my money."

He also keeps mentioning that he has a contract in interviews which always sounds as if he is reminding Ashley that he won't walk and so will have to be sacked.