Crystal Palace manager

Mick

A 1 in 4 striker from France. No need to tell fibs.

His years playing upfront he was 1 in 2. Pretty sure I read that when he first signed. He previously used to play out wide, but that was at least three years prior to joining us.

I think the very best he's ever managed over a full season is about 1 in 3. I don't think for one second he'd do as well as that in the PL.

Anyway, who cares? Cisse and Perez are better players and better strikers.

Scored a goal every 2.6 games in 2011-2012 season and a goal every 2.2 games in 2012-2013.  Its hard to judge him as a striker here when he's never been given a chance up front.  Granted he's playing like shit at the moment, but playing out of position for years can do that to you.

Not when you factor in the games he played for us that season. Either way, he had 8 goals in France when he signed for us at the end of January. It doesn't bode well.

8 league goals in only 20 games though, which is an excellent record and does bode well IMO.  Right now I certainly wouldn't be looking to start him up front (or anywhere else) because he looks shot and we have Perez.  Just saying that before he joined us his recent record was 1 in 2 and its pathetic that Pardew never gave him a chance up top for us.

A thought I've had a few times and dismissed as delusion is that the best way we'll get rid of Pardew is if someone else thinks he's good and comes in for him.  It looked impossible a few short weeks ago, but now he's riding high again and the press are saying we owe him an apology, are lucky to have him etc.  I don't know who would want him, but I'd laugh my myself half to death if he was ever linked with Tottenham for instance.  All those journalists bigging him up, saying Geordies only dislike him for being from London and all that nonsense.  The Chickens coming home to roost would be delicious. 

Having said that, I know it's still a delusion.  We're only 'lucky to have him' because we're Newcastle and seen as a club who should accept what we're given.  If he was ever linked with a good job, the press would back peddle so fast you'd think you were watching the Backwards episode of Red Dwarf.  They'd get all his shambolic records fully on show and go for him in an instant if their precious clubs were at risk of him darkening their doorstep. I'm fairly sure of that.

Not unless he could replicate that for a further 2 or 3 seasons. He's shown he can drag himself to 5th/EL QF before and learn nothing from it

edit: on further reflection that implies I'd tolerate him for another 4 seasons. no, he can fuck off

Guest firetotheworks

Every fucker I speak to down here says "I like Pardew" whenever the subject's brought up, it does my head in.

Aye, but aren't you surrounded by business jerks a lot of the time?

Guest firetotheworks

Are they not just trying to wind you up? I can't imagine anyone actually liking him. His PR obviously works on those without any emotional investment in the thing that he's ruining.

It's his slick demeanor. Despite not being able to master English. His glib and confident air serves him well. Shamelessly. He comes across as credible for those not paying attention and for some reason these sort of runs mean more than longer bad ones if you are not one of the Fleet Street darlings.

No honestly, they often say that before a word has barely been said. :lol: Same tired clichés get trotted out, that he's doing a good job in the circumstances. I've just started saying "the football is dreadful mate" and they never have anything to say to that, presumably because they don't watch us much.

No honestly, they often say that before a word has barely been said. :lol: Same tired clichés get trotted out, that he's doing a good job in the circumstances. I've just started saying "the football is dreadful mate" and they never have anything to say to that, presumably because they don't watch us much.

Yeah, same here.