Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Weirdly, I feel kind of confident that we're going to make a sensible appointment here. I'll try to explain why:

Ashley's a bit different now than when he hired Pardew four years ago. Not better, but different. His commitment to the continental-style managerial structure is stronger than ever and will immediately eliminate Tony Pulis. It likely would eliminate Steve Bruce, too, although common sense should do that for him. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it would eliminate almost any British manager with the possible exception of Steve McLaren, who himself is probably not a legitimate candidate due to compensation requirements.

The fact that the club has made it immediately clear that Carver/Stone will serve on an interim basis bodes well in my mind. A quick process of hiring a permanent manager would likely mean a Pulis/Bruce type appointment, but there's no need to hire so quickly. Ashley/Charnley's horrible relationships with the media will actually work well in this search because they aren't likely to be influenced by all the calls for a quick appointment and a domestic manager.

There's a decent chance that we hire a foreign manager here. It makes sense. Ashley knows they're likely to be cheaper and much more willing to work with his structure. A manager like Galtier or even de Boer knows full well how things work when it comes to buying and developing young players and selling them on. Their careers could well be enhanced just as a player like Cabaye's was, particularly in the case of Galtier.

Also, pretty much all media reports - especially most local rags - should be judiciously ignored. They will know nothing of what's really happening.

I'm cautiously hopeful and to me, many of the signs point to a foreign appointment coming in at least a few days' time, but perhaps not even until summer.

Weirdly, I feel kind of confident that we're going to make a sensible appointment here. I'll try to explain why:

Ashley's a bit different now than when he hired Pardew four years ago. Not better, but different. His commitment to the continental-style managerial structure is stronger than ever and will immediately eliminate Tony Pulis. It likely would eliminate Steve Bruce, too, although common sense should do that for him. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it would eliminate almost any British manager with the possible exception of Steve McLaren, who himself is probably not a legitimate candidate due to compensation requirements.

The fact that the club has made it immediately clear that Carver/Stone will serve on an interim basis bodes well in my mind. A quick process of hiring a permanent manager would likely mean a Pulis/Bruce type appointment, but there's no need to hire so quickly. Ashley/Charnley's horrible relationships with the media will actually work well in this search because they aren't likely to be influenced by all the calls for a quick appointment and a domestic manager.

There's a decent chance that we hire a foreign manager here. It makes sense. Ashley knows they're likely to be cheaper and much more willing to work with his structure. A manager like Galtier or even de Boer knows full well how things work when it comes to buying and developing young players and selling them on. Their careers could well be enhanced just as a player like Cabaye's was, particularly in the case of Galtier.

Also, pretty much all media reports - especially most local rags - should be judiciously ignored. They will know nothing of what's really happening.

I'm cautiously hopeful and to me, many of the signs point to a foreign appointment coming in at least a few days' time, but perhaps not even until summer.

I wish I shared your optimism.

Good post.  We're obviously still considered a fairly big draw on the continent - the likes of Cabaye, Janmaat, Sissoko, De Jong - wouldn't be joining a club like us if we weren't and couple that with the fact that the likes of De Boer has mentioned us as a club that attracts him is further evidence.  I think we'll go abroad as well.  Hopefully between Carver, Stone and Beardsley we have enough in the dugout to get another 14 points.  We have some decent players here, we have potentially some decent players out on loan who a proper manager might be able to get something out of too.  I think there's enough to be positive about.  No doubt Ashley will appoint Phil fucking Brown though. 

I wish I shared your optimism.

I'm probably completely delusional and overwhelmed by the joy of this whole thing.

But - over the last couple of seasons, there has been an increasing predictability to Ashley's decisions. Basically since Kinnear was sacked, the moves have mostly been predictable, even if they haven't always made a lot of sense.  The entire Pardew situation has been quite predictable, Ashley wasn't going to sack him unless he deemed us to be in irrational danger of going down and Pardew wasn't going to leave. Ashley shit gold yet again when Palace made this bizarre move. Moving HBA and MYM along were predictable if not necessarily smart. His transfer activity has been very predictable - Janmaat for Debuchy, punt on Perez, big money only spent on under-25 types with potential for sell-on later in their tenure.

I say he'll go foreign not for any reason other than Ashley's expedience. Foreign managers do tend to be cheaper and they do tend to be more willing to work with flexible and at times idiotic management structures. Seems to me those things will appeal. Graham Carr's influence will likely increase the chance of a foreign appointment, too, given his role and experience. It also doesn't hurt that such a move likely would irritate certain sections of the media, Ashley likes to do that too.

I think we are all living on the euphoria of Pardew's departure whilst thinking aboput the selection of the next manager.

My money goes on someone being promoted from within: They know how the "bring em in cheap, sell em on for double" works, how arselicking a huge fat arse will keep them in a job, the man above will save cash, pay them peanuts and have the monkey to keep the masses occupied with their cheap tricks...

Oh... to be a Newcastle fan!

Millen said: "It's not been signed and sealed and there are still negotiations to be had."

"I wasn't surprised. Alan [Pardew] had played for this club, he has a lot of fond memories. It means a lot to him.

"Palace is a good job for someone. The chairman wants to build on the success we have had.

"Players have coped unbelievably well.

"When I have done the job and it has dragged on the uncertainty wasn't good. You don't want it dragging on for weeks on end because the players need guidance."

"I spoke to the chairman at 11.30 last night that compensation agreed and had permission to speak to Alan [Pardew].

"I told players that and I am preparing team for A Villa."

Millen expects to be in charge on New Years Day: "I am planning on picking the team against Villa.

"I said to the chairman that I can do the job [permanently] but he has been busy talking to Newcastle.

"If a new manager values what you're about and what you do, then I will be happy. Even if it's sorted out tomorrow it is going to be short notice for the Villa game.

"If a deal is done tomorrow they will only have one day, then a quick turnaround for the Dover (FA Cup) game."

Pundits still saying Pardew was driven out with the abuse he was getting. What a load of s****.

Wat? That's precisely what has happened.

In what way was he driven out? The vast majority of the fans at the grounds didn't support the Sackpardew campaign. The owner supported him even after the most humiliating string of results. So how do you come to the conclusion he was driven out?

Slightly annoyed we didn't get to sack the man.

In the end - overall he's done okay with us in the league. Hideously disappointing in the cups. Football was largely awful.

Same here BUT then I remember somebody is actually giving us money for him  :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the league, he was crap, not okay, crap

Why post a tell-all article for Palace fans to see what he truly is? let them figure it out on there, or at least just wait for him to be appointed :lol:

Send them a link to SackPardew.com

EDIT: Well I read that wrong...

Interesting article about Pardew being up his own arse in the Chronicle. Story of him sitting in a VIP room by himself at a house party. Believable.

What  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a self important bellend.  :lol: :lol:

Leave The King alone or he will have your dinner  :idiot2: