Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Can we have some flowers and gifts sent over to the Warnock residence please!

Neil Warnock says Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew is the man to succeed him at Crystal Palace.

Speaking with talkSPORT this morning, Warnock insists he was not bitter over his sacking.

“When I went in to get my desk tidied [Palace coach] Ronnie Jepson said to me, ‘gaffer they have got somebody else, it can’t as come as quick as that’.

“I suppose in Premier League football they go over a matter of weeks and I know the chairman knows Alan well.

“When we were at Newcastle for my first game, I remember pulling Alan after the game and saying, ‘this is the club for you, this is your next club’.

“I only wanted this season to try and help them stabilise after the terrible blow they had when Tony Pulis left. There were no standout candidates and I said to the chairman then that he might as well put me in charge and then wait for one that is going to take the club on and this is it. I think Alan is a great appointment.

“He will be given a long contract, which is needed because the infrastructure at Palace is very poor, Premier League-wise, and he will get the chance [to change things].”

Neil Warnock says Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew is the man to succeed him at Crystal Palace.

Speaking with talkSPORT this morning, Warnock insists he was not bitter over his sacking.

“When I went in to get my desk tidied [Palace coach] Ronnie Jepson said to me, ‘gaffer they have got somebody else, it can’t as come as quick as that’.

“I suppose in Premier League football they go over a matter of weeks and I know the chairman knows Alan well.

“When we were at Newcastle for my first game, I remember pulling Alan after the game and saying, ‘this is the club for you, this is your next club’.

“I only wanted this season to try and help them stabilise after the terrible blow they had when Tony Pulis left. There were no standout candidates and I said to the chairman then that he might as well put me in charge and then wait for one that is going to take the club on and this is it. I think Alan is a great appointment.

“He will be given a long contract, which is needed because the infrastructure at Palace is very poor, Premier League-wise, and he will get the chance [to change things].”

:lol: He fucking cursed him. Did that shit from Thinner!

I'd love someone to actually explain what they mean by "demanding supporters". What other club in the world gets 50k every home game without having won a trophy since 1969?

These concepts of big clubs and small clubs, and it being wrong for fans of clubs who haven't had success for awhile wanting to see some ambition, is just weird to me. As if it's just okay to have a few teams win everything all the time because "hey, they're big clubs" and anybody else trying to get their club to push forward is delusional. Fuck that.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: What'd you say, KI?

It's not okay for supporters to abuse a manager, but it's okay for that very same manager to abuse Pellegrini, push a linesman and headbutt a player? You live by the sword...

Colin seems to have lost the will to live

I dont get the southern and media obsession with newcastle fans expecting trophys all the time. As a fan i dont expect a trophy as i understand how difficult it is to achieve a win in any competition. However i would like us to at least give it a good go and have a manager that can motivate a group of professional football players to do the job they are getting paid a butt load of money to do. Would also expect that manager to have several different tactics to choose from for dealing with different play styles and opponents tactics.

Would also expect the manager to understand the importance of the local derby and to make sure that the team understand what it means to the fans to beat our rivals.

Guest firetotheworks

He just went 'so that makes it okay then?'

and the guy was like 'well, no that's what he's saying'

and he just went...'uh, uh, well that doesn't make it right though!'

I dont get the southern and media obsession with newcastle fans expecting trophys all the time. As a fan i dont expect a trophy as i understand how difficult it is to achieve a win in any competition. However i would like us to at least give it a good go and have a manager that can motivate a group of professional football players to do the job they are getting paid a butt load of money to do. Would also expect that manager to have several different tactics to choose from for dealing with different play styles and opponents tactics.

Would also expect the manager to understand the importance of the local derby and to make sure that the team understand what it means to the fans to beat our rivals.

We're getting Klopp mate and we're going to win the Champions League in 2017, if not 2016