Crystal Palace manager

Mick

As if Pulis would walk out on a job for being messed around by the owner and then take a job where Mike Ashley is the owner. :lol:

I would hate to see Pulis here.

He's a step down from Pardew for sure

No way, a side step probably, but I honestly cannot imagine any sort of step down from Pardew...

I honestly would take anyone other than Pardew right now. Except Allardyce, which won't happen anyway, as MA ditched him once already.

Even Pulis would have his advantages, as we wouldn't look so feeble as a team, particularly at the back. Pardew literally has no good points whatsoever. Crap going forward, crap defending, crap in midfield, crap organisation, crap desire, crap, crap ,crap everywhere.

Don't think we'll get Pulis anyway, due to him falling out over players at Palace. MA won't want all that and Pulis wouldn't either. The policy of recruiting here won't work for either of them.

However if by some miracle it did happen, even with players unsuited to him, we still wouldn't look like we do under Pardew. I am confident of that. Pardew is that useless.

Based on the players we have, I'm convinced a foreign manager is the only way to go. There's no chance that the likes of Pulis would be able to get the best out of Anita, Cabella, De Jong etc, who are all suited to playing in positions outside of a rigid 4-4-2.

perhaps it's all an elaborate publicity stunt by ashley to get the fans back on his side; stick by pardew beyond the boundaries of common sense, pull the rug out from under him and replace with hugely popular attack-minded manager to rescue us from pardew

guesswhowinsagain.jpg

:yao:

Guest TruToon94

Pulis is a solid manager who makes an effort to win matches and cups. Never been relegated and does alright at teams which let's be frank are complete shite really.  I wouldn't like to see him here BUT if we could get rid of Pardew I'd accept it. Pardew is an abysmal manager at all levels. There are no step downs from him IMO. I'd say your average pub goer has more of a clue than Pardew.

It takes a lot to make a squad full of medal winners and internationals appear to be a league one side by jingo he's done it. The sheer quality of player we have/had would make even a half decent manager look good. The fact that Pardew isn't tell you all you need to know. He's a cancer that has destroyed the club and destroyed a lot of the unity of the fanbase.

Based on the players we have, I'm convinced a foreign manager is the only way to go. There's no chance that the likes of Pulis would be able to get the best out of Anita, Cabella, De Jong etc, who are all suited to playing in positions outside of a rigid 4-4-2.

i'm convinced there's a team somewhere in what we've got, in the attacking sense i mean because obviously our defence is a fucking nightmare

i struggle to see any team where it would work and accommodate sissoko though

Guest firetotheworks

As if Pulis would walk out on a job for being messed around by the owner and then take a job where Mike Ashley is the owner. :lol:

I would hate to see Pulis here.

He's a step down from Pardew for sure

:lol: There is no step down from Pardew. Not even kidding, daft to think that Pulis is a step down (despite me not liking him as a manager overall)

Whether or not they're reporting it, Chronicle have heard he's been given three games to save his job.

Imagine how ironic it would be if he got the chop after losing the Crystal Palace league cup game. :lol:

If he really does only have two/three games to save his job, then it's the beginning of the end, woohoo!

Even if by a miracle he won all three games, it's only a matter of time before we start losing again under him, a few wins will merely be a stay of execution.

Probably wishful thinking on my part though. Sadly.

Never really understand these 'X games to save his job' things. What possible difference could three games make to whether he's the right man or not?

Over the 3 games I imagine our performance without the "distraction" of Ben Arfa will be scrutinized. I bet any money Pardew justified the loaning out of him, by claiming he was causing a distraction. Also, there will no doubt be some attention paid to how Ben Arfa performs at Hull also. Pardew is dead meat.

Makes no sense that they've given him all these players, let him get rid of two, yet are on the verge of sacking him?

Either means it's bullshit or he really has zero say on who comes in/goes out.

Oh it's clear the recruitment of players always had nothing to do with the turnip. And praise God above for that! We'd have been stuck with Bent, Sidwell, Tomkins etc.