Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Loads of foreign players have hit the ground running in the PL, even coming from "weak and slow" La Liga. It's a gross generalization.

Absolutely. What a shitty argument for buying british. A manager with a brain would be enough...

Guest firetotheworks

Loads of foreign players have hit the ground running in the PL, even coming from "weak and slow" La Liga. It's a gross generalization.

I think it's more about giving foreign players that don't integrate straight away the benefit of the doubt tbh. It still happens and it is just with players that aren't used to the league's speed and physicality. Wanting too much time on the ball and lacking strength. Generally if a player goes from team to team and regresses, it's due to neither.

Modric is the best example I can think of of needing to give players time.

Guest northshieldsmag

He's f***ed without De Jong. Just need a couple of his favourites to get injured and he will look a stupid dumbwit for letting MYM and HBA leave. Hope Ashley doesn't accept anymore of his lame excuses.

And if Ashley decided they should leave to get them off the wage bill ?

All I don't agree with is the British players bit.

Yes he's overdone that part but the gist of his article is spot on. He did say that to expect young foreign players to come here and hit the ground running is asking too much and you can't really argue with that. But I'd be surprised if the top six clubs at the end of the season have a majority British core to them. Most have 3-4 at best.

He's f***ed without De Jong. Just need a couple of his favourites to get injured and he will look a stupid dumbwit for letting MYM and HBA leave. Hope Ashley doesn't accept anymore of his lame excuses.

Ulitimately, Ashley isn't the one who will answer to the media. It's this mighty cunt who will be responsible and God I pray to you let him feel the wrath of his own stupidity.

Ulitimately, Ashley isn't the one who will answer to the media. It's this mighty c*** who will be responsible and God I pray to you let him feel the wrath of his own stupidity.

:thup:

I don't see anything wrong with what Rob Lee said, you can't starve the team of players for two seasons, fill it up with players from another league and expect them all to know how the premiership works. It's not a generalisation, some will need time to bed, that's why you keep players like Ben Arfa and Mbiwa to help out and fill in if any are struggling. Cabella may well turn out to be a class act but early signs show he's going to struggle a bit first.

I think the point he was trying to make was that you need a core of players who know the league, every team has them, too many changes too quick can be detrimental but if it gets rid of this slag I'm all for it. He's got it bang on with Pardew though, a complete table spoon!

The De Jong injury has Pardew backed in to joint favourite for the boot:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Man this is the only thing that might convince me there is actually some hope of him getting sacked. The bookies generally know their shit...

And he's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrking shieeeeeeeeeeeet!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Man this is the only thing that might convince me there is actually some hope of him getting sacked. The bookies generally know their s***...

They do, but in this case it's more about the amount of money coming in on him. The good news is he's finally getting the negative attention he deserves.

I don't see anything wrong with what Rob Lee said, you can't starve the team of players for two seasons, fill it up with players from another league and expect them all to know how the premiership works. It's not a generalisation, some will need time to bed, that's why you keep players like Ben Arfa and Mbiwa to help out and fill in if any are struggling. Cabella may well turn out to be a class act but early signs show he's going to struggle a bit first.

I think the point he was trying to make was that you need a core of players who know the league, every team has them, too many changes too quick can be detrimental but if it gets rid of this slag I'm all for it. He's got it bang on with Pardew though, a complete table spoon!

All I don't agree with is the British players bit.

The "British based" is true though, regardless of nationality.

No club - and especially one with our non-existent spine and total lack of leadership - can afford to base transfer strategy around players with no experience of the most unique and arguably athletically demanding league in the world.

Man this is the only thing that might convince me there is actually some hope of him getting sacked. The bookies generally know their s***...

They do, but in this case it's more about the amount of money coming in on him. The good news is he's finally getting the negative attention he deserves.

Still a good sign I guess... Don't think he's going anywhere unless we're relegated, mind you.

Guest firetotheworks

There's not a chance he'll keep his job if there's a strong possibility of us going down come November or so. The fans will make his position absolutely untenable.

Going on how things were in 12/13, I'm not entirely convinced but I hope you're right.