SackPardew.com

Decky

With respect, it's not that great and it's not that professional, as a hobbyist web developer I could have knocked that together - I think it's likely more someone from this very forum.

Not saying it's bad at all.. just that I know what I see :)

:lol: Would explain Dave's absence tbh.

No but seriously, I think it's very well made? Maybe you're right, that it's not some professional journo, but that could be the decoy?

With respect, it's not that great and it's not that professional, as a hobbyist web developer I could have knocked that together - I think it's likely more someone from this very forum.

Have you seen Caulkins twitter today, that along with the quality of the writing on the site, that's surely the man?

No but seriously, I think it's very well made? Maybe you're right, that it's not some professional journo, but that could be the decoy?

Well what I meant is that I don't think it was made by a professional web developer - maybe a journalist or someone techy or someone who has a hobby in web development because it's clean-cut, but it's got some tell-tale minor usability flaws that made me doubt it.

i.e. I don't think anyone has been paid to make this :)

Well what I meant is that I don't think it was made by a professional web developer - maybe a journalist or someone techy or someone who has a hobby in web development because it's clean-cut, but it's got some tell-tale minor usability flaws that made me doubt it.

Aye fair enough. Some bits do seem sub-par visually, but the content is superb and that's all I care about tbh.

Whilst I agree with your deductions, I'm not seeing anything I'd define as a "usability flaw". Do tell?

At least whoever done it has initiative, unlike YOU.

Whilst I agree with your deductions, I'm not seeing anything I'd define as a "usability flaw". Do tell?

The main problem is that the cold, hard facts and damning quotes are buried on the 5th and 6th links of the site and then yet another page click away. You'd want this as quick and in your face as possible - lots of different ways to do this. It comes across as very self-promoting as a site, that many unhappy fans will happily sit and click through but I just don't see anyone with an alternate viewpoint having the patience or the inkling to be enticed to explore beyond the first page.

It looks nice, but if whoever made it wants to drum up support, it's not what's required in my humble opinion.

It's being talked about in the media and over the internet - a friend of mine asked me if I'd been to "sackpardew.com" and he just a casual reader of espnfc (saw it on Duffy's article). It's doing exactly what it should be doing.

It's being talked about in the media and over the internet - a friend of mine asked me if I'd been to "sackpardew.com" and he just a casual reader of espnfc (saw it on Duffy's article). It's doing exactly what it should be doing.

What's the article like mate?

http://www.espnfc.com/club/name/361/blog/post/2031129/headline

Usually an international break serves to ease pressure on under-pressure managers, but the opposite has happened to struggling Newcastle boss Alan Pardew over the past two weeks.

Newcastle head to one of Pardew's old clubs, Southampton, on Saturday having failed to win any of their first three league games this season. This carries on their dismal 2014 Premier League record of played 22, won 5, drawn 3 and lost 14. Over the course of a full 38-game season this would equate to only 31 points and certain relegation. Even more alarmingly, Newcastle have failed to score in 14 of those 22 games.

Can they halt this dire run of form at St Mary's? They'll have to drastically improve on recent performances down there. Southampton's 4-0 win in last season's fixture was ridiculously easy, and their 2-0 win the campaign before was one of the most gutless road performances I've ever seen from a Newcastle side, and that is saying something.

This isn't a recent phenomenon, though. Other than some spells during the first five months of last season, Newcastle have been mostly terrible for over two years now, causing the manager to point his overused finger of blame at just about everything he can think of -- the Europa League, the grass being too long, and even "science" being against him.

Supporters have had enough and surely it can only be a matter of time before the owner, Mike Ashley, has too.

An anonymous group of Newcastle fans used the international break to launch a Twitter account, @SackPardew, along with the incredibly damning and well-constructed website SackPardew.com.

The website is a one-stop shop for all the reasoning behind the unhappiness of the fans at the manager. All too often, football journalists ask what the supporters' issues are with Pardew. They question this having paid little attention to results and even less attention to the poor performances and long-outdated, old-fashioned tactics.

Facts collated on the website include:

- Pardew has managed Newcastle United to its first series of three consecutive derby losses vs. Sunderland since 1924.

- He has lost as many Tyne-Wear derbies as the last 22 Newcastle United managers combined.

- In the 2013-14 season, Newcastle under Pardew lost four home games in a row while failing to score a goal -- the first time in the club's entire history this has happened.

There are plenty more damning facts where they came from.

I can see things getting worse at St Mary's despite the massive upheaval that has gone on down there over the summer. Southampton not only lost manager Mauricio Pochettino to Spurs, they also sold a staggering 88 million pounds' worth of players. Despite that, they have made a better start to the season than Newcastle have, with four points on the board from their opening three games.

I've said all summer that Pardew, a man whose CV probably didn't justify the Newcastle job in the first place, would be on borrowed time if the team started the season as poorly as they ended the last, and another south coast hammering on Saturday will surely see him one step closer to the St James' Park exit door. Defeat would also lead to another poisonous atmosphere for the home game against Hull City next week -- a position Newcastle have been in before, months before they were relegated in 2009.

These are once again turbulent times on Tyneside but the mood could be immediately lifted by a well-thought-out managerial appointment.

What's the article like mate?

Edit: See Mike's post above.

- He has lost as many Tyne-Wear derbies as the last 22 Newcastle United managers combined.

:lol: Goddamn that's nuts.

The guy is a vortex

:lol: It doesn't even sound possible, ffs.

It's crazy. I know it's been said before but I'd love to see how long he'd last at like the Lakers. The press over there would have ruined him. Our press are meant to be savage as well

:lol: Jack Nicholson would have whipped his ass. Shit like this doesn't fly here.

The guy is a vortex

It's crazy. I know it's been said before but I'd love to see how long he'd last at like the Lakers. The press over there would have ruined him. Our press are meant to be savage as well

:lol: Jack Nicholson would have whipped his ass. Shit like this doesn't fly here.

:lol: how bad would it be for you if Pards just rocked up in the MLS

:lol: I don't have an MLS team yet, tbf. He'd be shit here too, I'd imagine.

The guy is a vortex

:lol: how bad would it be for you if Pards just rocked up in the MLS

:lol: I don't have an MLS team yet, tbf. He'd be shit here too, I'd imagine.

You'd still have to have him strutting about your continent, taking in a knicks game, popping up on Regis, the works

:lol: I think you're overestimating the fame of MLS managers. Thierry Henry goes to Knicks games and no one gives a fuck.

The guy is a vortex

:lol: Jack Nicholson would have whipped his ass. s*** like this doesn't fly here.

It doesn't man, TMZ sports, ESPN, every f***ing blogger, deadspin etc would slaughter this guy.  English press are fucking children in comparison to our sports media when they latch on to something.

The guy is a vortex

:lol: Jack Nicholson would have whipped his ass. s*** like this doesn't fly here.

It doesn't man, TMZ sports, ESPN, every f***ing blogger, deadspin etc would slaughter this guy.  English press are fucking children in comparison to our sports media when they latch on to something.

:lol: It kills me that Deadspin doesn't know this guy exists. Someone articulate should email Greg Howard or something.

The guy is a vortex

It doesn't man, TMZ sports, ESPN, every f***ing blogger, deadspin etc would slaughter this guy.  English press are f***ing children in comparison to our sports media when they latch on to something.

:lol: It kills me that Deadspin doesn't know this guy exists. Someone articulate should email Greg Howard or something.

If you end up on deadspin for the wrong reasons in America, you eventually lose our job, lose your team, get suspended, get ridiculed, and have 5,000x witty comments about you in the comments section.